• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How fast do you read?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Today I read 35 pages of a novel in 30 minutes. I swear I used to read faster but I've gone off books for a while and I think it wrecked it. How fast do you read?

P

Phantonym

:thelook: What are the dimensions of the page? How large is the font? Spacing? What subject was the book on? How interested were you in the subject?

:laugh:

I'm more interested in the subject matter of the book and I want to enjoy the process, not only the quantity I can devour. I'm a pretty fast reader but it certainly depends on the aspects already mentioned above.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm a very fast reader. I once startled a friend by reading a 500+ page book in one day...

wolfy

awsm
I think I am pretty average in the speed I read. I tried learning to speed read but it felt like scoffing my food.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I used to think I read very fast as well, then I read the averages which's odd... the average reading speed is ~300wpm, or approximately 1 page per minute roughly.

Which's odd since almost noone I know reads that fast, at least noone in person I know of. Yet almost everyone I know of online does.

Yeu fit almost perfectly into the average.

So it's a little strange... maybe people around here just read slow, I'm not sure.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I read this thread in 0.85 seconds.

:workout:

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It depends. I think I can read fast if I would like to, but more often I want to think about what I read, so I stop every page to think about it for a while.. and then, after a few hours I discover I thought more about the book than I actually read it. That's a very slow way of reading, but I enjoy the process. :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Very slow. Think I have a slight form of dyslexia or some other disability that effects the speed of my reading. Regardless my ability to absorb what I read is tremendous. Compared to most people I have talked to I get much more absorbed in my reading when I am focused. Its the closest thing to it actually happening...like The Neverending Story (light).

F

figsfiggyfigs

I used to be a pretty fast reader. but since I've moved to Sweden, it's gotten harder since my brain is starting to read words the swedish way.. and I mis understand some of them too .. it's a pain in the ass.... but I've been trying to read more to maintain my normal speed before.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
it depends how concentrated and varied the material is and how familiar. if it is unfamiliar but verbose, its easy to scan and skip most non essentials. if it is unfamiliar and has convulted sentences introducing new concepts every other line then slow.

frankly i could finish a 1000 page book in a day or spend the entire day on a single page reading re-reading and ruminating, it just depends on the material.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It's slowed down since I'm not an avid reader. 35 pages of the book the OP posted in 30 minutes is probably my speedreading pace.