• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Bloody INTPS! Why are you so damn oblivious?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
why do you have to play games using hints? we dont know/care how to play games like this naturally like some of the other types, so just tell whats on your mind if you want an response.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what's goin on?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe. Well either they don't know or they don't care. I've been analysing their behaviour enough. It seems more like they just don't know.

So what if I don't know? I don't care. :cheese:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
People think this about me a lot. But often I deliberately try to appear oblivious, and succeed - a manifestation of inferior Fe.

We see our Fe as our weak spot, it's the function that our conscious self is set up in opposition to, and so when we are called on to use it beyond the extent we are able to at that time, we play "oblivious" and think that is a sign of strength, because the alternative is break down (and INTP Fe outspill is not pretty).

It's a defence mechanism, like INTJ's would have regarding Se.

Of course the long term answer is to develop our Fe but especially a young INTP, will not have done this.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We see our Fe as our weak spot, it's the function that our conscious self is set up in opposition to, and so when we are called on to use it beyond the extent we are able to at that time, we play "oblivious" and think that is a sign of strength, because the alternative is break down (and INTP Fe outspill is not pretty).

It's a defence mechanism, like INTJ's would have regarding Se.

Very eloquently put - I was trying to say the same thing on another thread.

We are very dumb about reading hints when someone is interested in us. You almost need to knock us over the head to let us know - but not too much or we cringe.:yes:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJs can't hint, can they? :huh:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
If the OP is any indication of your previous communication attempts with your INTP, I can see why you aren't getting anywhere.

I mean no offense, just mean that being vague isn't going to help you.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
goodgrief, why don't *you* take the hint?