User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    And I will try to quit expressing my frustrations online.
    Maybe you should express them to her, online. If you can't do it in person.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chi'xer View Post
    & the reason could be or most likely is the exact opposite.. the signature obliviousness doesn't manifest itself in this way and definitely not when you've been 'obvious' to the point where you're asking all these questions.. .. also, just in case, power issues shouldn't be part of the discourse/interaction
    Umm.. not quite sure what you mean. I haven't been all inyourface obvious to her if that's what you're saying.

Power issues - Not ever discussed. We seem to be on essentially equal grounds. Though once again I am not 100% sure if I'm reading what you're saying correctly.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Maybe you should express them to her, online. If you can't do it in person.
    Maybe, though she only comes online about twice a month.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    But no one else can recognise the hint, right?
    Well I don't hint to people unless I have something I am afraid to directly say to them but really want to, as seen here.

I don't do it very often, so I wouldn't know with others.

If you can't say it, because you're afraid to spoil the impression by being nervous, then don't expect it to get any better, especially if you'll spend more time thinking about it, so you should just go with that.

MBTI
    INTJ

I know. I'm obsessive and I spend too long thinking about things. I got that from the start. What I'm not so good at is magically willing myself to stop.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Oblivious to what?
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Less about goodgreifs problem of having the hots for an INTP and not willing to seducer her but rather bug her with vague hints. (you keep this shit up you are gonna start to piss her off)

Rather more as to the OP question itself as to whether the INTP gets the hint or no.

Suspect a lot of INTPs usually get the hint and simply choose not to overtly express their thoughts on the subject. Or we notice the hint in our mental side view mirrors but are focusing on something else. Sometimes while in my head I can be pretty oblivious of the surrounding physical environment.

Notice some INTPs and NTs in general can have a hard stare when there is no emotion attached. The response by other is that some, especially EFs, are susceptible become hostile to it.

I noticed an instance of slipping into that mode of the hard stare with the addtion of being put off a little by some EF having some loud argument with his girlfriend and him looking like a total douche. Looking indirectly at my hard stare he starts ranting to himself and really working himself into a lather saying ( I really wish someone took a swing at me, right now thats the last thing the would do). Finally, after a good passage of time and the guy is still ranting to himself when I am now the only one in the room left, fighting off the temptation to give this drama punk what he is asking...I respond to his cry for help...wake up out of the my introversion trance and introduce myself and ask his name. This seems to calm him down and I slip back into my contemplative thought process again.

Thus I am trying to mix in a little Care Bare Stare into my hard gangsteresq stare just so I will not be interrupted as harshly from my daydreaming.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Do you really need to make a thread every time you perceive an incremental development in your non-relationship? It's pathetic, childish, histrionic and tiresome all at once.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Do you really need to make a thread every time you perceive an incremental development in your non-relationship? It's pathetic, childish, histrionic and tiresome all at once.
    Lol, Weber hit you with the irritated Te reaction your Fi has disabled in you, goodgrief. I don't advise repression using Te, though, but it does seem that you've lost perspective.

You have to own not only your behaviour, like Jock said, but also your emotions. You like this girl. Nothing wrong with that. Right now, though, your focus seems to be on avoiding rejection (which is essentially a selfish reflex), not so much on trying to advance the relationship or opening your heart. You can't control the way she feels or what she wants - allow her the right to her own emotions. Let her know how you feel without attaching a bunch of expectations to the action. It's a beautiful thing to have feelings for someone, enjoy them, don't let them instill fear in you.

When I'm completely overwhelmed by emotions, it helps to verbalise to myself how I feel and literally explain the situation to myself...it helps with processing the feelings...tends to take me down an analytical and introspective path where I try to figure out what's going on step by step. Sometimes it helps to undermine the basic assumptions on which your emotional response is based (stuff like "do I really want this?" etc. etc.). Raging emo is not good for loving.