From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default INTPs, is this common with you?

Are these common with INTPs? I suspect someone I know is an INTP.

-The art of the non-sequitir that may confuse the heck out of the INFJ, but they are actually doing this to get said INFJ to think outside the box.

-Intellectual and twisted type of humor.

-When someone complains about what everyone else is doing, and they really don't care because it doesn't adhere to their core values, or it's not close to them.

-Eclectic taste in music.

-Laid back and always lost in thought.

-Not exactly keen on routines, would rather sit back and read about things that interest them/stimulate their intellect.

-Asking questions to get the exact definition behind what someone is saying. ex. "Who is 'them'?"

-Asking if one has evidence for their speculations.

-When turning to them for advice, they say that you should think things through, use reason.

-When things get emotional between two people in a confrontation, they illustrate the pattern that is exhibited between the individuals as an attempt to have the party understand/think about what is going on and seek resolution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post

-The art of the non-sequitir that may confuse the heck out of the INFJ, but they are actually doing this to get said INFJ to think outside the box.

-When someone complains about what everyone else is doing, and they really don't care because it doesn't adhere to their core values, or it's not close to them.

-Not exactly keen on routines, would rather sit back and read about things that interest them/stimulate their intellect.

-Asking questions to get the exact definition behind what someone is saying. ex. "Who is 'them'?"

-When turning to them for advice, they say that you should think things through, use reason.

-When things get emotional between two people in a confrontation, they illustrate the pattern that is exhibited between the individuals as an attempt to have the party understand/think about what is going on and seek resolution.
    Sounds pretty INTP-ish to me, with the exception of "liking eclectic music" (not sure that's type related). Just look for some degree of detachment/aloofness (which usually indicates that we are pondering, thinking, intently listening, or otherwise in "Ti" world) with occasional bursts of Ne.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like an INTP to me.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    xxxx

I'll believe that.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'll believe that.
    When?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Seems textbook INTP
    -twisted type of humor.
    Except this, our humor isn't twisted . Everything is humorous. That is the purest form of humor, isn't it?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

May be symptoms of INTP. For a clearer picture try and write a typical day in the life of this INTP for a more clear analysis. Throw in some details may not at first glance appear to have anything to do with their INTPness and may simply be background colour.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

@OP: Yes, those are very common traits.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

WHOA.

Spot on (for me anyway)!
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Oh dear - have you been watching me??? This is me to a T LOL
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown