• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs, is this common with you?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are these common with INTPs? I suspect someone I know is an INTP.

-The art of the non-sequitir that may confuse the heck out of the INFJ, but they are actually doing this to get said INFJ to think outside the box.

-Intellectual and twisted type of humor.

-When someone complains about what everyone else is doing, and they really don't care because it doesn't adhere to their core values, or it's not close to them.

-Eclectic taste in music.

-Laid back and always lost in thought.

-Not exactly keen on routines, would rather sit back and read about things that interest them/stimulate their intellect.

-Asking questions to get the exact definition behind what someone is saying. ex. "Who is 'them'?"

-Asking if one has evidence for their speculations.

-When turning to them for advice, they say that you should think things through, use reason.

-When things get emotional between two people in a confrontation, they illustrate the pattern that is exhibited between the individuals as an attempt to have the party understand/think about what is going on and seek resolution.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

-The art of the non-sequitir that may confuse the heck out of the INFJ, but they are actually doing this to get said INFJ to think outside the box.

-When someone complains about what everyone else is doing, and they really don't care because it doesn't adhere to their core values, or it's not close to them.

-Not exactly keen on routines, would rather sit back and read about things that interest them/stimulate their intellect.

-Asking questions to get the exact definition behind what someone is saying. ex. "Who is 'them'?"

-When turning to them for advice, they say that you should think things through, use reason.

-When things get emotional between two people in a confrontation, they illustrate the pattern that is exhibited between the individuals as an attempt to have the party understand/think about what is going on and seek resolution.

Sounds pretty INTP-ish to me, with the exception of "liking eclectic music" (not sure that's type related). Just look for some degree of detachment/aloofness (which usually indicates that we are pondering, thinking, intently listening, or otherwise in "Ti" world) with occasional bursts of Ne. :cheese:

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Seems textbook INTP
-twisted type of humor.
Except this, our humor isn't twisted :(. Everything is humorous. That is the purest form of humor, isn't it?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
May be symptoms of INTP. For a clearer picture try and write a typical day in the life of this INTP for a more clear analysis. Throw in some details may not at first glance appear to have anything to do with their INTPness and may simply be background colour.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

WHOA.

Spot on (for me anyway)! :D

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Oh dear - have you been watching me???:newwink: This is me to a T LOL

Himself

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Damn, I was beaten to the punch on the "fits me to a tee" pun. But yes, that is an apt description.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes intp

this was a nice observation:

this is like the only thing i can do in this kind of situation and i havent seen anyone else do this, atleast in a way that i do. I think if they can see the problem from objective point of view(that is same to both and different from their subjective point of view that most likely made the problem and keeps them away from the solution) i can make both of them understand it easier. but you need to know what patterns you show to them or things might get even uglier, kind of like exhibiting the right facts that could lead to resolution and leaving the bad stuff away that you can reason to them easily.

i illustrate patterns in nearly everything, especially if someone doesent make sense and i need to correct him

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
yes intp

this was a nice observation:

this is like the only thing i can do in this kind of situation and i havent seen anyone else do this, atleast in a way that i do. I think if they can see the problem from objective point of view(that is same to both and different from their subjective point of view that most likely made the problem and keeps them away from the solution) i can make both of them understand it easier. but you need to know what patterns you show to them or things might get even uglier, kind of like exhibiting the right facts that could lead to resolution and leaving the bad stuff away that you can reason to them easily.

i illustrate patterns in nearly everything, especially if someone doesent make sense and i need to correct him

I have been known at work as the peacemaker - I think it is the INTP need for harmony in which to fully function best. The downside tho is when working with people who want to go at each other tit for tat in a non-productive and vengeful way (much like a couple of threads I have seen here). This is incomprehensible to me and creates a mental and emotional exhaustion.