User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    I have been known at work as the peacemaker - I think it is the INTP need for harmony in which to fully function best. The downside tho is when working with people who want to go at each other tit for tat in a non-productive and vengeful way (much like a couple of threads I have seen here). This is incomprehensible to me and creates a mental and emotional exhaustion.
    I have to the say the bolded is confusing for me. I don't really spend any conscious effort trying to maintain office harmony, or just harmony in general. I could care less. In fact, I usually don't notice. "Oh hey, did you hear that blah blah blah hates blah blah blah because she stole her lunch out of the fridge?!" And then I give a stare like my avatar.

    Other than that, OP sounds like it could be an INTP.



  2. #22
    Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I have to the say the bolded is confusing for me. I don't really spend any conscious effort trying to maintain office harmony, or just harmony in general. I could care less. In fact, I usually don't notice. "Oh hey, did you hear that blah blah blah hates blah blah blah because she stole her lunch out of the fridge?!" And then I give a stare like my avatar.

    Other than that, OP sounds like it could be an INTP.
    Not quite the type of harmony I am talking about. I have very strong Fi, (probably because of my extreme N and no S - maybe the N is a defacto F??) despite being an INTP.

    This tends to make me very aware of tensions in our small team of 9. We have all worked together for 12 years so are more like family. You know the sort of stuff - love you dearly but sometimes I don't like you - that is just like a family.

    I find I function better if there are no negative emotional distractions creeping me out.

    I am not quite a textbook case of INTP but emotional upheaval among others close to me puts me in a very uncomfortable place.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

    "Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

  3. #23
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Not quite the type of harmony I am talking about. I have very strong Fi, (probably because of my extreme N and no S - maybe the N is a defacto F??) despite being an INTP.

    This tends to make me very aware of tensions in our small team of 9. We have all worked together for 12 years so are more like family. You know the sort of stuff - love you dearly but sometimes I don't like you - that is just like a family.

    I find I function better if there are no negative emotional distractions creeping me out.

    I am not quite a textbook case of INTP but emotional upheaval among others close to me puts me in a very uncomfortable place.
    You may just have far better Fe than I, and I thought it could be due to the fact that you might be an enneagram 9 but it says you're a 5, so I'll chalk it up to good Fe and being far more balanced than myself

    I'm far more likely to act as if nothing is wrong and not react to anything I find to be emotionally tainted. Just ignore the other person's emotional state, like I do my own



  4. #24
    Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You may just have far better Fe than I, and I thought it could be due to the fact that you might be an enneagram 9 but it says you're a 5, so I'll chalk it up to good Fe and being far more balanced than myself

    I'm far more likely to act as if nothing is wrong and not react to anything I find to be emotionally tainted. Just ignore the other person's emotional state, like I do my own
    Believe me my Fe is not very good - just appears to be so and I rate at the highest end of EQ but am not very good at showing true feelings except to those I trust not to bruise them too badly.

    Even when I have hurt feelings I am what my pain counsellor calls a stoic and don't let anyone know. I am very good at internalising (or very bad at it depending on perspective)
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

    "Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

  5. #25
    Member ryb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    Everything is humorous
    I agree with this and find it funny.

  6. #26

    Default

    INTP and I agree with everything on the list.

  7. #27
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Come to think of it, it takes very little to amuse the INTP I'm describing. We pretty much laugh at the same jokes.

    How about these traits:

    -Laid-back sense of style. You feel at home in a t-shirt and jeans.

    -Gazing in absolute fascination over science and history documentaries.

    -Your motto is :"Variety makes life interesting."

    -You're not one for routine, things will get done when they get done, no rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  8. #28
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    yes but not exclusively

  9. #29
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Come to think of it, it takes very little to amuse the INTP I'm describing. We pretty much laugh at the same jokes.

    How about these traits

    -Laid-back sense of style. You feel at home in a t-shirt and jeans.
    T-shirt and jeans if I'm out. Minimal clothing when not. I'd say my style can be accurately described as "disheveled."

    -Gazing in absolute fascination over science and history documentaries.
    The specifics of the interests will vary, but a general sense of obsession over what they are isn't terribly uncommon.

    -Your motto is :"Variety makes life interesting."
    Eh. Variety doesn't make it interesting. Life is interesting, by itself. Everything is a system.

    -You're not one for routine, things will get done when they get done, no rush.
    Yup. If at all



  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Am I the only one that think this sounds like a description of the general type. Like just a stereotypical INTP. I share many of those traits, some I dont share as much. But in general, its me.
    Last edited by Neobick; 05-24-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Is instead of Am

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 09:58 PM
  2. [E9] Is this common to e9's or am I just the worst?
    By Forever_Jung in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 08:30 PM
  3. [ENFP] is this common for enfps?
    By INTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
  4. [ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  5. [ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 03:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO