User Tag List

First 12345 Last

It doesn't bother me much. I can get why people would do it, some people will use type as leverage in a discussion. People will read things from the type listed, which can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I would absolutely have had a different reception if I had started NT.
    Do NTs get the most positive reception?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Depends on the discussion.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Depends on the discussion.
    Yeah, in certain subforums certain types have more credibility. Like NFs in Relationships.

But whenever disagreements or debate comes up, NTs might get thought of as being more objective and logical, whether it's true or not.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Excluding those who stick around to be known for who they are, not just their type...

Way I see it, when a SJ joins people all shout out how good it is to see another SJ on the board and how we need more, then they either go away or are largely ignored/in the background. When a SP joins a number of SPs will make an effort to interact with them. When a NT or NF joins they take a number. A NT is expected to have logical reactions, there's even an element of either suspecting they know what they're talking about or one-upmanship from other NTs, a NF will be expected to have emotional reactions, considered the go-to type for inter-relationship issues but will likely have to prove themselves as knowledgeable in logical areas to be considered as such.

/ my subjective take

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh, so you mean you're annoyed by people like me?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Excluding those who stick around to be known for who they are, not just their type...

Way I see it, when a SJ joins people all shout out how good it is to see another SJ on the board and how we need more, then they either go away or are largely ignored/in the background. When a SP joins a number of SPs will make an effort to interact with them. When a NT or NF joins they take a number. A NT is expected to have logical reactions, there's even an element of either suspecting they know what they're talking about or one-upmanship from other NTs, a NF will be expected to have emotional reactions, considered the go-to type for inter-relationship issues but will likely have to prove themselves as knowledgeable in logical areas to be considered as such.
    I sense an S/N divide as well, despite them being mostly cordial to each other. I wonder if it's a natural S/N communication gap though, and not people being superficial based on type.

/ my subjective take
    Oh hey, you're NT, no need for the disclaimer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

/ my subjective take
    +1

Yeah pretty much. And since I care a lot about logic it isn't enjoyable to watch. Of course, if you are NT and don't act like a douche your nt ness gets questioned and you are called an NF.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I sense an S/N divide as well, despite them being mostly cordial to each other. I wonder if it's a natural S/N communication gap though, and not people being superficial based on type.
    Sure there is, just need to find it in amongst all the bullcrap stereotypes that come from the latest INTP noobs evil interactions with every single person they've oh so "objectively" typed as ESTJ.

Jeffster is someone who highlights the differences a lot, he does it by paying us out for being too theoretical and abstract all the time.

MBTI
    INTP

Sure there is, just need to find it in amongst all the bullcrap stereotypes that come from the latest INTP noobs evil interactions with every single person they've oh so "objectively" typed as ESTJ.

Jeffster is someone who highlights the differences a lot, he does it by paying us out for being too theoretical and abstract all the time.
    Yeah, those stereotypes are played up. And it's kind of a cheap rallying cry.

If only we could get more than 2 ESTJs on the forum to defend themselves.