• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] So like every genius character is an ENTP?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This I also have seen in arguments about characters like House (who I think is INTP/J)

House is typed as ENTP because he is ENTP.

INTJs don't make very entertaining lead characters. Using the House tv show as an example, Foreman is much more INTJ-like than House. He's a great character, very intelligent, easily the best one around besides House, but he's not as entertaining. TV is all about entertainment.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
House is typed as ENTP because he is ENTP.

INTJs don't make very entertaining lead characters. Using the House tv show as an example, Foreman is much more INTJ-like than House. He's a great character, very intelligent, easily the best one around besides House, but he's not as entertaining. TV is all about entertainment.

I disagree. INTJs have a far larger presence in fiction than ENTPs, especially as antagonists and antiheroes, because they’re a lot more proactive. And while they often tend to fall into villainous roles, people find xNTJ villains more likable than most of the more passive heroes because they are more entertaining. They set the plot in motion and people admire their confidence, intelligence, and ability to act against social norms (the dark side). Just about every Magnificent Bastard, fictional genius, or user of the Xanatos Gambit is xNTJ. The scarcity of them in leading roles probably has more to do with the fact that the majority of writers, who are generally xNFP, simply can’t relate to them. Which is why the majority of protagonists are also xNFP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I disagree on the disagreement. Every genius character is an ENTP, what automatically means that given the fact I am two persons in one, I am a genius mk. II !!