First 345

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    This I also have seen in arguments about characters like House (who I think is INTP/J)
    House is typed as ENTP because he is ENTP.

INTJs don't make very entertaining lead characters. Using the House tv show as an example, Foreman is much more INTJ-like than House. He's a great character, very intelligent, easily the best one around besides House, but he's not as entertaining. TV is all about entertainment.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    House is typed as ENTP because he is ENTP.

INTJs don't make very entertaining lead characters. Using the House tv show as an example, Foreman is much more INTJ-like than House. He's a great character, very intelligent, easily the best one around besides House, but he's not as entertaining. TV is all about entertainment.
    I disagree. INTJs have a far larger presence in fiction than ENTPs, especially as antagonists and antiheroes, because they’re a lot more proactive. And while they often tend to fall into villainous roles, people find xNTJ villains more likable than most of the more passive heroes because they are more entertaining. They set the plot in motion and people admire their confidence, intelligence, and ability to act against social norms (the dark side). Just about every Magnificent Bastard, fictional genius, or user of the Xanatos Gambit is xNTJ. The scarcity of them in leading roles probably has more to do with the fact that the majority of writers, who are generally xNFP, simply can’t relate to them. Which is why the majority of protagonists are also xNFP.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I disagree on the disagreement. Every genius character is an ENTP, what automatically means that given the fact I am two persons in one, I am a genius mk. II !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]