User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

house is VERY expressive, and therefore and extravert. Extraversion =/= being social
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    There are plenty of INTJ's in the real world that excel, but they may not be media chracters because of their quietness??? Which doens't make good viewing
    Exactly, the first thing that lures and audience to a show is an expressive character (quirks help here). Introverts do not fulfill this role as well as extraverts.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    its the through process that matters I think.... E's share work in progress I's don't - and are not always comfortable with their conclusions. I's also have issues with on the stop thinking, they rather go away with a problem and think a while then communicate.
    I have seen this happen so often, and the way that introverts do it scares me. I prefer to exchange information and think collectively... and such introverts want me to stfu so they can think on their own :rolli:

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Same for Sheldon Cooper. He's such an IXTJ but I still here ENTP. Yes, he talks to people. Big woop.
    I was probably the one that suggested this ENTP, I don't know, I'll have to check the thread again. Think about it. He can't help but spill out his thoughts, it's unbearable for him to hold it back in his head, he doesn't even seem to need alone time, and he's quite expressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I've read the blurb on a comic movie titled "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" (won't watch).
    The main character is a genius but a social failure. Makes me think:
    You can't have a genius without an obvious flaw. Especially not in fiction.

A genius but... social failure -> INTP
    A genius but... overenthousiastic airhead -> ENTP
    A genius but... evil -> INTJ / ENTJ
    That was a really great movie, and the kid was an ENTP genius. He was a social failure because he was a nerd, making inventions and showing them off all the time. Social failure doesn't mean INTP... lol. It's weird to think that ENTPs can range from abrasive, clever assholes who get what they want to antisocial nerds bursting with ideas and imagination. I'd like to think that other types also do the same. There are only 16 dichotemies, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find such a small collection of differences between people.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    house is VERY expressive, and therefore and extravert. Extraversion =/= being social
    Introversion =/= Never saying anything.

If these people you say are extroverts are extroverts, there are VERY few introverts in society. A smart introvert, particularly intuitive, would quite likely wish to share their knowledge. Like I've said I am a defo introvert. I enjoy sharing knowledge with others. When I know something that I can be proud to know, I am often proud for people to know it. It doesn't make me an extrovert.

In Sheldons case, this is a mixture of pride and a misplaced idea that everyone will always benefit from the knowledge he gives. He seems to be an aspie too. He doesn't talk about it because he is extroverted. He does so because he loves the topic.

And why is it always the ENTPs suggesting everyone is ENTP?

11th Doctor: ENTP
    House: INTP
    Holmes in movie: ENTP
    Holmes in books: INTJ
    Sheldon Cooper: IXTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    It's weird to think that ENTPs can range from abrasive, clever assholes who get what they want to antisocial nerds bursting with ideas and imagination. I'd like to think that other types also do the same. There are only 16 dichotemies, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find such a small collection of differences between people.
    Yeah, it is a bit weird for someone to think that.

MBTI
    ENTP

^But it is true. The phrase "social inept genius" just struck me as "a dork INTP"... but indeed, a "social inept genius" can also be a "bragging show-off ENTP"
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Alright now this seems weird.

If you're a doctor, but you're mainly a T, then where's the F for helping other people? (Though I guess you can just do it with money.)

Most people, who try to work for money, don't become a doctor. At least I think so...
    Well, a Thinker could very easily become a doctor for the thrill of it, or the mental challenge, or yes, the money. I dunno if you live stateside, but in the US medicine is the highest-paid profession in the nation. On average, surgeons make more than CEOs.

Of course most doctors have to spend half their paycheck in malpractice insurance, but still...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Introversion =/= Never saying anything.
    How is expressiveness related to not talking at all? There are people who can talk non stop but never truely express themselves. If you hang out with an extravert for half an hour, you'll probably feel as if you know them straight away. Think about it, even on this forum, there are extraverts who you may have read their 1 sentence posts once or twice, but if they posted with a different name, you'd still recognise them. They certainly aren't common here, as you'd expect. These people are truely open and will feed you their thoughts directly.

Now, you expressing your knowledge is not the same expressing yourself, it's telling people what you know, not who you are. Now tell me, if people were to meet you and talk for just five minutes, would they ever say that you are clever, bubbly, wise, perceptive, humble, arrogant, stupid, nerdy, crazy, optimistic, bright... ect.? They would probably say that you're intelligent, but does that really define you? My point is, you may have to talk with an introvert for hours before you get a real sense for who they are.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

people people.

We HAD a massive thread about house already.

EDIT: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ype-house.html

there it is, all 87 pages of it.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Oberon

So like every genius character is an ENTP?
    No, just the interesting ones.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Yeah well in that case it is basically definite he is an INTJ. He does tell Watson his conclusions, but not until he has properly made them, and he is certainly very confident about them. He almost never second guesses what he says. When he was trying to find a way to find a missing boat, he locked himself up for hours and wouldn't talk to anyone until he'd worked it out. And yet people (usually ENTPs interestingly) still type him ENTP sometimes.

Same for Sheldon Cooper. He's such an IXTJ but I still here ENTP. Yes, he talks to people. Big woop.
    I see Sheldon Cooper as an INTJ being played by an ENTP.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety