User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Seriously, it seems that whenever there is an intelligent character on TV, they are typed as an ENTP by a good portion of people.

I had a discussion a while ago about the 11th doctors MBTI and I thought he seemed a lot less extroverted than some others. I still do think he is ENTP in this case, but I thought the argument I got against it was a little dodgy. This I also have seen in arguments about characters like House (who I think is INTP/J) and Sherlock Holmes (Who I think is INTJ def) that because he talks through his thought process he must be an E. It doesn't even seem to matter if they are talking slowly to themselves. It automatically makes them an E. I mean I am more social than Holmes and probably also House and I score 100% introverted, so that can't be quite true. Is an I not allowed to discuss ideas with people? I mean seriously, how introverted do you have to be to be typed as an I?

Some people are also claiming that ENTPs are the least extroverted of all extroverts. How can this be? Aren't they supposed to almost entirely independent variables? Obviously all E types can still have different levels of extroversion. And I also don't think the functions necessarily have to be in that order. If a person uses tons and tons of Ne and more than Ti but feels very little need for social interaction with anyone, does this still make them an ENTP?

I'm not saying that no characters are ENTP (the doctor is most commonly) but seriously people.
    Ive never ever in my life heaqrd anyone type sherlock holmes as an ENTP or and E anything. House IS an ENTP and if you read the 100+ thread we had on him way back youd understand why.

ENTPs are the most entertaining genuises to write I guess. Its the same reason that theyre are so few IxxJs on sitcoms. Its more fun to watch an extrovert.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Lol, I was wondering the same thing. I typed The Brain as an INTJ and Elphaba
    as a seclusive ENTJ. I would have typed her as INTJ, even as a loner teenager,
    she ends up hanging out with characters like Glinda, Boq, Fiyero, Averic, those
    other guys, and Dr. Dillamond so something about her still drew people to her as
    strange as she was considered.

ENTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

For the ten thousandth time, House is not an extrovert. If he was a misanthropic extrovert, he would hate everyone else, but feel compelled to be around people all the time, just to annoy them; in other words he'd be a Randall Graves expy. Instead, he spends most of his time lurking around, and only comes out of hiding to bounce ideas about his case (or anything else he might be analyzing at the time) off other people, which INTPs being Ne-aux are prone to do (just not as much as ENTPs). He comes off as Ne-dominant during differential diagnosis, but that's probably because the very nature of brainstorming brings Ne out in full force. Most of his private time (that is, most of the time) he spends doing deductive reasoning and analyzing the intricacies of anything he might be working on -- Ti work. He's an INTP.

One peculiar thing about him though, is that his lower functions are not Si Fe -- They're quite clearly Fi Se. He's rather values-oriented (everybody lies, etc.), stubborn and selfish; and he falls back on his Vicodin addiction (Se) under stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP

I've read the blurb on a comic movie titled "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" (won't watch).
    The main character is a genius but a social failure. Makes me think:
    You can't have a genius without an obvious flaw. Especially not in fiction.

A genius but... social failure -> INTP
    A genius but... overenthousiastic airhead -> ENTP
    A genius but... evil -> INTJ / ENTJ

A call to fiction writers: there is an unmined, rich source of inspiration. Where are those evil Feeler geniuses? The social failure Sensors? The dumb ENTJs?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Genius in literature: INTx
    Genius in film: ENTx

They read better on screen, that's all. But are second rate geniuses...

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Where are those evil Feeler geniuses?
    I think many Batman villains fall into this category...Mr. Freeze seems pretty NF to me... Joker is kind of an enigma but his entire character is based on his moral principles, as messed up as they are.

The social failure Sensors?
    Those don't exist IRL, so why should they exist in media?

dumb ENTJs?
    Pretty much any evil mastermind who gets his plans foiled by the hero every episode and throws a hissy fit about it could fall into this category. The immediate example that comes to mind is Earl of Flying Rhino Junior High (although it's not a very good show, so I don't recommend watching it to see what I mean.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    For the ten thousandth time, House is not an extrovert. If he was a misanthropic extrovert, he would hate everyone else, but feel compelled to be around people all the time, just to annoy them; in other words he'd be a Randall Graves expy. Instead, he spends most of his time lurking around, and only comes out of hiding to bounce ideas about his case (or anything else he might be analyzing at the time) off other people, which INTPs being Ne-aux are prone to do (just not as much as ENTPs). He comes off as Ne-dominant during differential diagnosis, but that's probably because the very nature of brainstorming brings Ne out in full force. Most of his private time (that is, most of the time) he spends doing deductive reasoning and analyzing the intricacies of anything he might be working on -- Ti work. He's an INTP.
    No, he spends most of his private time playing with toys (toys which involve some level of skill mastery, which he discards as soon as he has reached a certain level of competence), pulling pranks on his colleagues, and engineering new and creative ways to get into trouble (buying a motorcycle, faking a brain tumor so he can get high, etc.)

His driving force in life is the social dominance that comes with being an expert - "even though they picked on him, for that moment none of that mattered because he was right."

No. Seriously.

absolutely False.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Every Genius is an entp, but not every entp is a Genius...

No wait that doesnt work
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Alright now this seems weird.

If you're a doctor, but you're mainly a T, then where's the F for helping other people? (Though I guess you can just do it with money.)

Most people, who try to work for money, don't become a doctor. At least I think so...

House is NOT an ENTP. He's obviously an INTP . Fail. How is House an extrovert? He seems to not take outside influences well...

How is House a 'genius'? What do you regard as 'genius'?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

House is constantly placing himself into the lives of others. He actively tries to engage others at some level. An INTP wouldn't be constantly entering the personal lives of his co workers and patients as House does. He attracts attention to himself, another extrovert trait.

What supports his introversion?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil