User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Oh, and the Doctor is not mostly ENTP. The Doctor has had two ENTP incarnations so far, one of whom actually turned into a mentally unstable ENFP near the end of his run (Ten).
    Sorry if I was mistaken about that. I honestly haven't seen many of the doctors, just the new ones and Tom Baker. It was just that from what I heard, he tends to be ENTP. I didn't think 9 was ENTP really, but so many people were trying to convince me he was that I assumed my logic was flawed. I'm still not entirely sure what he is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Nine is most definitely not ENTP. He's either ENFP or ESFP (borderline in either case), and comes off as ISTP initially.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Well I don't think he's much of an F, but meh.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's just like the fictional stupid ESFPs.

Genius ENTPs make good fictional characters. You don't want to portray a genius without giving him some flaws, too... and the most obvious flaw for a professor is distracted. So you get to the distracted professor type which causes problems with experiments gone awry, which is the ENTP.
    The INTP is the socially awkward nerd. I'm thinking on a general post about stereotypes in fiction
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INxJ

Nah. INTJs and INTPs too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Some people are also claiming that ENTPs are the least extroverted of all extroverts. How can this be? Aren't they supposed to almost entirely independent variables? Obviously all E types can still have different levels of extroversion. And I also don't think the functions necessarily have to be in that order. If a person uses tons and tons of Ne and more than Ti but feels very little need for social interaction with anyone, does this still make them an ENTP?

I'm not saying that no characters are ENTP (the doctor is most commonly) but seriously people.
    I would say I was always a bit shocked that MBTI typed me as an E type, but I have scored consistantly at the higher end of the E scale.... mainly because E doesn't mean the same thing as the normal deffintion of extrovertion. I'm majorly introspective, I'd classify myself at having some misanthrope tendancies... I need a lot of me time, and get very weary if I'm too much around people - that said I love to build ideas with people. It may be that I have learned to be an E type bcause I was uncomfortable with being an I type as a teenager....

I would say Robert Downey version of Homles was a defo ENTP, but the book may be different.

INTJ's - Miss Marple? Hercule Porraot (basically Agatha Cristy chracters).... slueths that present the answer without discussion with others. Holmes tends to discusss bits with Watson, although the final parts are preented at the end - the showman.

There are plenty of INTJ's in the real world that excel, but they may not be media chracters because of their quietness??? Which doens't make good viewing

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I would say Robert Downey version of Homles was a defo ENTP, but the book may be different.
    Eh, yeah he was kinda ENTP. And yes, he's quite different in the books. That was a gripe people had with the movie. He went for a more movie-typical approach and ignored some of the actual character of Holmes. In the books, Holmes does still share a fair bit of info with Watson, usually after he's examined a scene thoroughly. Does that make him an ENTP though? I still think it is perfectly normal I behaviour to share when they figure out something.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Eh, yeah he was kinda ENTP. And yes, he's quite different in the books. That was a gripe people had with the movie. He went for a more movie-typical approach and ignored some of the actual character of Holmes. In the books, Holmes does still share a fair bit of info with Watson, usually after he's examined a scene thoroughly. Does that make him an ENTP though? I still think it is perfectly normal I behaviour to share when they figure out something.
    its the through process that matters I think.... E's share work in progress I's don't - and are not always comfortable with their conclusions. I's also have issues with on the stop thinking, they rather go away with a problem and think a while then communicate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    its the through process that matters I think.... E's share work in progress I's don't - and are not always comfortable with their conclusions. I's also have issues with on the stop thinking, they rather go away with a problem and think a while then communicate.
    Yeah well in that case it is basically definite he is an INTJ. He does tell Watson his conclusions, but not until he has properly made them, and he is certainly very confident about them. He almost never second guesses what he says. When he was trying to find a way to find a missing boat, he locked himself up for hours and wouldn't talk to anyone until he'd worked it out. And yet people (usually ENTPs interestingly) still type him ENTP sometimes.

Same for Sheldon Cooper. He's such an IXTJ but I still here ENTP. Yes, he talks to people. Big woop.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's more likely that you see ENTPs than any others, because directing others for a cause almost always involves some form of evil, or moral ambiguity (xNTJ), (Professor X, L) and the fact that society is hung up on science for the sake of results, not for the sake of actual intelligence. (And the fact that heroes can't be heroes if they aren't able to produce results.) No, I'm not suggesting that L is an INTJ, just that xNTJs have more 'planning' tendencies, or so one would think.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.