User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

but I am not an extrovert (in the non MBTI sense). My extroversion has nothing to do with people.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music".
    I never get jealous of anybody
    Yes, I'm that awesome
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes. I probably would be more social if I hadn't gotten used to the fact that most people don't want to socialize the same way that I do. And they are not interested in the same types of things. People invite me out because I am fun, a comic relief, and know a little bit about a lot of things - but on a one-on-one level, I pretty much bore people to tears. So I give the people what they want, and I get into it. I get hyper and excited and whatever. But when I come home, I am back to my normal nerdy shut-in self.
    A lot of that is myself. Except I never need to go out, I can stay in forever.

Do you have to go out or risk going stir crazy?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I never get jealous of anybody
    Yes, I'm that awesome
    Yeah, I don't know why I wrote that. I think I chose the wrong word. It's not jealousy as much as it is morbid curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    A lot of that is myself. Except I never need to go out, I can stay in forever.

Do you have to go out or risk going stir crazy?
    I could stay locked in my dungeon for days on end, as long as I have books and internet and whatever else. I rarely notice that I haven't left the house in days unless someone tells me.

But if I step outside for even a minute, I am compelled to be out there exploring for hours on end. Outside feels like a whole new thing and it is good. It's really hard to drag me back indoors actually. And I'll call home and say I'm headed home, which isn't a lie because I actually am, but I'll walk the 5 miles instead of taking the subway. I just love feeling free to roam.

So, I guess I just set up shop in whatever situation I happen to be in at that moment. I adapt pretty quickly.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't need to really talk to anyone, but I do get sudden urges to tell someone about ideas that I have, that's probably the only time. I actually really hate being around people, most of them just piss me off.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I could stay locked in my dungeon for days on end, as long as I have books and internet and whatever else. I rarely notice that I haven't left the house in days unless someone tells me.
    Pft, total fabrication. If yeu're anything like me, yeu don't need to be told because eventually yeu run out of food <3

Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music". Ok, fine. But what else are you doing? If I really want to hear the hi-hats or vocal intonations, I have to be jogging or cleaning or something. I can't imagine just sitting still and listening. Or at the very least, I have to intertwine the song into an elaborate daydream.
    Totally the same as yeu and Eck XD

I have to be doing something else, or my mind will wander. Sit there, listen to someone else? Brain will go off on tangents endlessly and I'll eventually tune them out while thinking about the stuff they were saying 5 minutes ago and running all over the place with it.

Personally, I've found the best way to combat this, is to do unobvious things. Keep a complex beat going while drumming yeur fingers, tap yeur feet, do something that requires a rhythem or concentration, but can't be seen and doesn't involve direct thought. Works well most of the time, but not always.

But yeah, it's a constant challenge, especially since other people don't seem to understand the concept of only being able to concentrate WHILE doing something else XD

"Turn off all distractions! Turn off the tv while doing homework!"

Erm... but if I turn off the tv... and my music... and chat programs, and other stuff, I can't concentrate on the homework, I'll get bored and loose all productivity!

Sad that the world assumes that yeu have to focus on only one thing to do anything efficiently ;_;