User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Often times its hard to convince some intjs with proper reasoning due to overreliance on their internal vision. So i guess they should surround themselves with challenging minds.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  2. #22
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Often times its hard to convince some intjs with proper reasoning due to overreliance on their internal vision. So i guess they should surround themselves with challenging minds.
    That is true from my limited interactions with INTJs in real life.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  3. #23
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Oh, I saw you trying to seduce me with your rigorous approach
    I think you got bit too big ego

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Often times its hard to convince some intjs with proper reasoning due to overreliance on their internal vision. So i guess they should surround themselves with challenging minds.
    my friend is one of these intjs

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    House, from the TV show, House.

  5. #25
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I don't get it. I mentioned this in my other thread. If you are not social and would answer the MBTI questions with the introverted option, how could one be an extrovert. I don't understand even why saying what you are thinking would make one introverted. I do it, and I am INTJ (Introverted 100). Feelings I rarely share, but ideas, processes and brainstorming all the time.
    Because being extroverted and leading with an extroverted function are two different things. MBTI simply uses a different language than you are used to.

    Keep in mind that I lead with extraverted intuition, which is still a perceiving function. Why would Ne be more introverted than Se? Because Se is oriented in the physical world, while Ne is oriented in the mental world. So even though it's extroverted, it's still very internal.

    I can be out in the world feeding my Ne and collecting perceptions, but never interact with a single person. Or I could interact with a hundred people. It makes no difference to me. I don't need people, I just need stuff. Stuff that activates my thought process.

    So an ENTP has a dominant Ne, then follows up with Ti. That's the reason why we are a lot more introverted than the rest of our extroverted cousins but are still considered to be extroverts.

  6. #26
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    So, I'd like to have some examples of ENTPs who seems introverted, because reserved, or shy, or lost in their thoughts, or what you want.
    Have you some examples, expecially fictional?
    Thanks.
    All fictional. You can decide for yourself who seems introverted to you.

    The Doctor (Doctor Who), Indiana Jones, Garfield, Q and Geordi LaForge (Star Trek TNG), Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote, Mercutio (Romeo and Juliet), Chandler (Friends), Dr. Jekyl, Cosmo Kramer, Doc Brown, Q (James Bond), Polly (Along Came Polly), The Joker, Dr. House, Capt Jack Sparrow, Iron Man - Tony whatever, Sue White (Green Wing), The Cheshire Cat, John LaRoche (Adaptation)

  7. #27
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I guess it's also about asking somebody, what would their 'perfect world' look like.
    people may have a clear preference for extroversion yet have gotten used by life not to expect to be suprised as often as they'd like to be and seek excitement in a more dematerialised, information driven way
    I also get that such an entp would enjoy chatting with people while looking up information on the internet etc.
    And naturally want to discuss ideas when they arise and not when they coallesced into something coherent.

    I for one never have any idea in hell what i'm going to say next, because I don't pause in my mind to form the idea. But then again maybe that's just the way humans communicate using alot of unconscious computing.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  8. #28
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I don't need people, I just need stuff. Stuff that activates my thought process.
    Yeah, there's a constant, hunger for something to, come to mind... some, information to pop up somewhere around me and excite my imagination. It's like a restlessness, I could be sitting in a room listening to music but all the while I just want something to feed that, self made potential of a spiderweb trampoline.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #29
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I guess it's also about asking somebody, what would their 'perfect world' look like.
    people may have a clear preference for extroversion yet have gotten used by life not to expect to be suprised as often as they'd like to be and seek excitement in a more dematerialised, information driven way
    Yes. I probably would be more social if I hadn't gotten used to the fact that most people don't want to socialize the same way that I do. And they are not interested in the same types of things. People invite me out because I am fun, a comic relief, and know a little bit about a lot of things - but on a one-on-one level, I pretty much bore people to tears. So I give the people what they want, and I get into it. I get hyper and excited and whatever. But when I come home, I am back to my normal nerdy shut-in self.


    I also get that such an entp would enjoy chatting with people while looking up information on the internet etc.
    And naturally want to discuss ideas when they arise and not when they coallesced into something coherent.
    I have learned the hard way that people get offended if you are texting or surfing while they are speaking. It's hard to explain that I cannot focus on what they are saying unless I am doing something else. When I am forced to sit and just listen to someone, my mind shoots out the door and I see their lips moving but can't recall a single word.

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah, there's a constant, hunger for something to, come to mind... some, information to pop up somewhere around me and excite my imagination. It's like a restlessness, I could be sitting in a room listening to music but all the while I just want something to feed that, self made potential of a spiderweb trampoline.
    Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music". Ok, fine. But what else are you doing? If I really want to hear the hi-hats or vocal intonations, I have to be jogging or cleaning or something. I can't imagine just sitting still and listening. Or at the very least, I have to intertwine the song into an elaborate daydream.

    I probably have a lot more Ne than most people, but that's how it works. I extrovert and grab things from the environment. Constantly needing more more more, but I am not an extrovert (in the non MBTI sense). My extroversion has nothing to do with people.

  10. #30
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I have learned the hard way that people get offended if you are texting or surfing while they are speaking. It's hard to explain that I cannot focus on what they are saying unless I am doing something else. When I am forced to sit and just listen to someone, my mind shoots out the door and I see their lips moving but can't recall a single word.
    Yeah, I had that since I was a kid.
    "Stop playing with that pen/drawing/looking at something "

    -'but I can't concentrate on what you say otherwise'
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. ENTP Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 03:18 PM
  2. [ENTP] Introverted Sensing in ENTPs
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:42 PM
  3. [ENTP] examples of ENTP in shadow
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 12:45 AM
  4. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO