• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Insult(S)--name calling, statement,etc--someone called or told you....

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm pretty sure a lot of them are going to be common with certain types.

This thread is about bitching with your fellow members about insults we've all probably faced.

• [*]What are some of these insults you've been faced with, as a child, or a grown adult?

[*]Who has tried to insult you?

[*]why?

Well, being NT seemed to have an inclination for being name-called/insulted. (from what I noticed on this sector of the forum):doh:

MINE:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fo' example,

As a Child:

"Weird/Freak"- by my siblings-- stayed to myself, created my own world, didn't play with them much; and I've always been the reasonable one.

"Wild Child"- my parents-- also because they had a hard time getting me to do things I didn't want to do, and I would throw little fits. Ironically, I never did anything really "wild" when I was a kid....

"Mentally unstable"- my teachers: because I refused to do things she wanted me to do in class. I thought they were a waste of my and the classes time.

As an Adult:

Just this week alone, I've been called a,

"cold bitch"--by a good friend: because I refuse to get jealous over mundane things.

"mentally ill" - my awesome mother: because I disagree with her view point..

"emotionally dead"-
also by dear mommy: Sad stories just don't make me sad when the person was not using their common sense.

" a Man"-by my dad( this one made me lol): apparently, I share qualities only a MAN would have, like being out-spoken, sticking to my opinion, being objective and decisive. The list goes on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Odd thing is, they don't annoy me, or have any affect on me. It does get frustrating after a while, when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone, and they think I'm too objective; believing insults are the way to get me to show some sort of emotional reaction, or changing my mind by talking me down...

As a child , it did often hurt me when I was being treated differently than other kids, I was more emotional, and easily expressed my "feelings" towards things. The insults and the way I was treated made me feel like it was "wrong" to be the way I was, and that I was in fact, a freak; but in fact, I was Right. :ninja:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Insults. Let me be the first to call you histrionic. :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ Oh the sheer painnnn!! *puts back of hand to forehead and falls* :laugh:

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
'you would be much cooler if you never opened your mouth' by a priest son lol
'nobody loves you' by one guy throughout high school
'you don't belong here'
'your emotionless'

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
in all seriousness, i think i care too little to remember anything anyone called me or if they insulted me. i remember some comments, but i don't feel bad about them, so i guess they don't count.

i'm sure i've been called bitch a few times and robotic. i've been compared to the T-900 - what is that? is that a new SonyEricsson phone?

it's hard to insult me. you really have to target something i value about myself to make me feel bad.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
As a child:
"Daydreamer" by teachers, I had 2 teachers call me a daydreamer. It was not uncommon to find me drifting away to some or other fantasy land in my head during a class.

As an adult:
"weirdo" by siblings because I am. <sibling x>(estj): " <my name> is so weird, I can't understand him, I can understand <sibling y>, but <my name> just doesn't make any sense."
"snob" by a couple of people mistaking my reserved nature for snobbery
"not normal" by a girl I liked...her: "<my name> you are not normal", me: "lol"
"psycho" which I consider a compliment, a reputation earned by my confrontational, no nonsense uncompromising nature on the football field.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I've never really been one that gets insulted. However, there have been a few that stick out in memory:

Smart arse/ smart alec/ variations thereof
Kiss-arse

And then the usual profanities we've all gotten at one point or another.

T

ThatGirl

Biggest most frequent one I get is that I am lacking in humility.

I have heard this consistently though out childhood and into my adult years.

Nrrrd GrrrL aMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was told one time before, that I was un-reliable. This statement really hurt because I always looked at myself as someone others can trust and rely on. I let that comment bother me for a while, and even now it's still coming back!... :doh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Most of the time, insults roll off of my back like water. Every so often though, I happen to have colored my back with crayola washable markers to create a delicate, intricate design, and that water destroys it and I have to go back and color in all the damage.

Insults that have stuck with me since I've received them:
"Dyke" - I get the whole 'If you wanna be a man go dyke' a lot, but when it came from a friend that I thought knew me much better than that, it truly did hurt. I am who I am, whether that be something a male or a female typically does.. But it hurts so much more because it's turning something my friends may truly be into some sort of insult. It's not the word.. its the intentions of the word to be insulting. Trying to box me into a some label just because they know I don't like it.
"You can't" - I cannot stand this saying. When someone tells me I cannot, I just want to smash their face in and shout, "I'll tell YOU what I can or cannot do!"
"Flirt/Slut" - I get this one a lot just from my NF-y ways of connecting to people, and in the military if you aren't a bitch, you're a slut... which brings me to my next one..
"Bitch" - I get this one a lot when I work with other females. I'm still not sure what makes me incapable of communicating as efficiently with them.. I act the same at work, but I get wildly different responses.
"Ugly/Fat" - These used to bother me growing up. I don't much care now a days, but the fact that they did bother me as a teenager keeps them on the list.

I'm sure there are more, but I seem incapable of thinking of them at this time. This is the main list though.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't get regularly insulted.

The two people who have insulted me over the past year were both needy people with inferiority complexes who believed they had an innate right to my attention, and got annoyed when I didn't respond to their petty games. Both insulted me by chat/text, which was cowardly.

One called me a "dick with no people skills" and one called me a "c**t".

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
It's hard to say, I don't recall any particular instance where I was insulted as a person face to face (other than growing up as a child w/ my parents).

But I routinely get told "You should talk more." which I actually find somewhat offending. =(

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is an insult I have used and nobody know is I am serious or not because it is so extreme: "Cum gurgling cocksucker" I like the gurgling part.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Hmmm, insults. Those are funny for NT types because the same words uttered under different circumstances could leave us with a smirk and raised eyebrow, or heading to a closet to secretly cry. If someone we respect and value says something negative (and close to the mark), it can really hurt.

Examples that didn't mean shit to me:

Jealous girls of any sort calling me anything, especially "bitch" or "whore" (I know I'm neither, so basically saying these things just makes them even less worthy of attention).

Teachers/Authority Figures calling me a "wise ass" or problem-kid. Whatever. I still don't respect you. na-nah na na-nah.

Things that really hurt:

My mother saying I was selfish, or cold (when a child, now, probably wouldn't bother me as much).

Being called a loser by other kids in elementary.

A close friend called me "unreliable"...

But in general you've got to really try hard to insult me. And for some people there's nothing they can say if I don't value their opinion in the first place.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
This is an insult I have used and nobody know is I am serious or not because it is so extreme: "Cum gurgling cocksucker" I like the gurgling part.

Back in college we had a really bad habit in one friend-group of always trying to use extremely "offensive" terms of endearment... I think the pinnacle of that effort was "Cum-guzzling gutter whore"... it is a good one!

Little_Sticks

Back in college we had a really bad habit in one friend-group of always trying to use extremely "offensive" terms of endearment... I think the pinnacle of that effort was "Cum-guzzling gutter whore"... it is a good one!

^ I've always wanted to call a woman a 'pussy-lipped cum bucket' as a meaningless stupid endearing joke, but I don't think I will ever do it :p. Maybe someone else now will.

I get called monotone sometimes. Another time I was called bipolar by someone close to me when I wasn't. I've been called 'mentally ill' by a family member. I don't communicate with them at all any more. I don't suppose I ever will. But that was probably the most hurtful insult I've ever gotten because I was emotionally distraught and defeated with the year spent searching a fruitless job market (I had a god damn science degree, but I digress) and finding I was overqualified to work minimum wage as well.

Anyway, you're all pussy-lipped cum buckets. Yay, I did it once :smile::smile:. I feel this is worth getting mod-slapped, if it is to happen :).

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
when i was in middle school, i got a couple of 'you're too nice' and 'meek' and 'quiet'

they are all offensive to me :angry: :horor: :vader1:

i am not the first two anymore, not even close; but the last one, i still am quiet, but instead i prefer the words 'introverted' and 'reserved' :yes:

now i am being told i come off very snobby, which is puzzling, but not insulting
my dad told me my worse trait is how headstrong i am, not insulting either

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I routinely get told "You should talk more." which I actually find somewhat offending. =(

:laugh: That and the dreaded "smile more"

I was called snobby throughout high school because I was so quiet.

I get called "weird" or "nerd" more often now than anything else. I don't consider them insults tho.

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been called a plethora of things mentioned above by many people, most notably wierd from my mother. Recently people have been telling me less, which I actually attribute to my lengthening hair (Long hair on guys sends different messages to different people)

Some good friends of mine have actually taken to calling me a werewolf for various reasons :rolli: