User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Post Insult(S)--name calling, statement,etc--someone called or told you....

I'm pretty sure a lot of them are going to be common with certain types.

This thread is about bitching with your fellow members about insults we've all probably faced.

• What are some of these insults you've been faced with, as a child, or a grown adult?

• Who has tried to insult you?

• why?

Well, being NT seemed to have an inclination for being name-called/insulted. (from what I noticed on this sector of the forum)

MINE:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fo' example,

As a Child:

"Weird/Freak"- by my siblings-- stayed to myself, created my own world, didn't play with them much; and I've always been the reasonable one.

"Wild Child"- my parents-- also because they had a hard time getting me to do things I didn't want to do, and I would throw little fits. Ironically, I never did anything really "wild" when I was a kid....

"Mentally unstable"- my teachers: because I refused to do things she wanted me to do in class. I thought they were a waste of my and the classes time.

As an Adult:

Just this week alone, I've been called a,

"cold bitch"--by a good friend: because I refuse to get jealous over mundane things.

"mentally ill" - my awesome mother: because I disagree with her view point..

"emotionally dead"-
    also by dear mommy: Sad stories just don't make me sad when the person was not using their common sense.

" a Man"-by my dad( this one made me lol): apparently, I share qualities only a MAN would have, like being out-spoken, sticking to my opinion, being objective and decisive. The list goes on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Odd thing is, they don't annoy me, or have any affect on me. It does get frustrating after a while, when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone, and they think I'm too objective; believing insults are the way to get me to show some sort of emotional reaction, or changing my mind by talking me down...

As a child , it did often hurt me when I was being treated differently than other kids, I was more emotional, and easily expressed my "feelings" towards things. The insults and the way I was treated made me feel like it was "wrong" to be the way I was, and that I was in fact, a freak; but in fact, I was Right.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

"you're so nice"! - by my ex friend.

MBTI
    NICE

Insults. Let me be the first to call you histrionic.

figsfiggyfigs

^ Oh the sheer painnnn!! *puts back of hand to forehead and falls*

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

'you would be much cooler if you never opened your mouth' by a priest son lol
    'nobody loves you' by one guy throughout high school
    'you don't belong here'
    'your emotionless'

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

in all seriousness, i think i care too little to remember anything anyone called me or if they insulted me. i remember some comments, but i don't feel bad about them, so i guess they don't count.

i'm sure i've been called bitch a few times and robotic. i've been compared to the T-900 - what is that? is that a new SonyEricsson phone?

it's hard to insult me. you really have to target something i value about myself to make me feel bad.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

As a child:
    "Daydreamer" by teachers, I had 2 teachers call me a daydreamer. It was not uncommon to find me drifting away to some or other fantasy land in my head during a class.

As an adult:
    "weirdo" by siblings because I am. <sibling x>(estj): " <my name> is so weird, I can't understand him, I can understand <sibling y>, but <my name> just doesn't make any sense."
    "snob" by a couple of people mistaking my reserved nature for snobbery
    "not normal" by a girl I liked...her: "<my name> you are not normal", me: "lol"
    "psycho" which I consider a compliment, a reputation earned by my confrontational, no nonsense uncompromising nature on the football field.
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

MBTI
    xxxx

I've never really been one that gets insulted. However, there have been a few that stick out in memory:

Smart arse/ smart alec/ variations thereof
    Kiss-arse

And then the usual profanities we've all gotten at one point or another.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

ThatGirl

Biggest most frequent one I get is that I am lacking in humility.

I have heard this consistently though out childhood and into my adult years.

MBTI
    INFJ

I was told one time before, that I was un-reliable. This statement really hurt because I always looked at myself as someone others can trust and rely on. I let that comment bother me for a while, and even now it's still coming back!...