First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionCourse? View Post
    I find it interesting how many introverts gets annoyed by that. Not that I judge that, it's just that it usually cheers me up. Not always of course, especially if it's just a remark from a person, that is the cause of my withdrawal (but even there are exceptions, if we're both obviously sorry), but often, it's just a way to show that they care for my mood, that they interpret as a sadness, and this may be the best way, that the person is able to express that. I don't get insulted by this.
    I think who/why matters for this one.

A person I don't know very well saying it because they haven't learned that my default facial expression is serious/angry gets the uber-fake smile before I return to default blank stare.

But a closer friend saying it, and me realizing that I'm showing on my face some kind of internal stress or grief is actually usually a good thing, because it signals for me to think about what I'm feeling (2nd-order process) and maybe take it down a notch, look at the big picture, relax, etc.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Kid:
    Tomato face (because my face would get red if I got mad, excited and I blushed a lot.
    Spazz-was much more hyper active then (possibly ADHD)
    Class Clown
    Scatterbrain

Tween
    Melvin [which is an equivalent of a geek/nerd in the States] This name was repeated in a fake lovers voice by popular bully EnFJ chick who got a whole math class to call me this in retaliation for refusing her abrasive 'romantic advances'. The name lasted for years by her and her toadies.

Teen
    Best friend ESTJ would always talk shit to me. Constantly called me fag/fagot. Some of his other gems were (after walking out of the restroom) "Ahh! I just took a nice big Spamtar", "Monkey-boy", "Freak" etc..

Comebacks
    He was difficult to talk smack back too because he would be quick to counter or he didn't let on it offended him.
    However a few of the ones that worked against him:
    "Fecal Freak/Shit Eater",
    "Double Anal Sausage Sandwich" or
    "[Name] I heard you ate a piece of shit for $5 again. Thats nasty. You a nasty Hoe" and also oddly enough simply "Peasant/Filthy peasant"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    [B Some of his other gems were (after walking out of the restroom) "Ahh! I just took a nice big Spamtar",.
    Lol that would really piss me off. I think we used to do that joke about some guy at school for a time, but I wouldn't now, it's too harsh.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well the funniest thing somebody ever say to me was with a school trip in the first class of high school. I was very shy and was placed by 3 stupid girls I didn't like.. One girl kept on crying because some "popular" girls didn't like her. I thought OK I will say something nice to her, so I said "don't mind about it, they don't like me either". She looked at me and said "yes but you are different" in a very unpleasant manner. On that moment I didn't like her insult, but later I laughed about it many times and took it as a compliment.

I also have been bullied a few years because of my good marks at school. They called me "a nerd" and that kind of stuff. It was actually very funny, someone who really didn't like me often yelled things in my face. I didn't even react or give a facial expression. I just go on reading or whatever I was doing..
    Personality type: INTJ Enneagramtype: 5w4 Neurodiversity: Asperger's Syndrome
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. - Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't remember what I did/said, but in kindergarten a girl said to me, "Shut up, or I'll punch your mouth down your throat." It didn't really hurt my feelings, but I did shut up, thinking like, "Whoa. Damn." And I imagined my mouth rolling down to my stomach, crying "NOOOO!" the whole way down. Then I'd just have a skin-hole on my face where my mouth was. It was actually a very amusing mental picture, lol! Can you just imagine it? "NOOOES!" LOL! Then my nose is like, "What do you want."

Another time a girl was like "blah blah blah (don't remember what she said), and your sick mind." Owwies!

And in middle school people called me ugly. I kind of believed them for a while, which sucked. Everything about me was changing, even my hair went from straight to curly and I didn't know how to deal with it until I was about 16. Plus bad body image and self-esteem because of a trauma that happened. So in middle school, "ugly" hurt a lot. Well anyway who wasn't ugly in middle school? Besides you four girls who were always popular and always beautiful.

I tried not to let any insults get to me, and I got a little cocky about it. A friend of mine tested me out and tried to break me down and insult me, and I just rolled with it all. Even some of my other friends suggested things that she should say, and if any of it did get to me, I was too proud to show it. Her words didn't hurt me, but the fact that she was doing this, when I thought she was once my friend, oh, that did hurt.

Other than that, name-calling never really got to me, basically because I was dealing with stuff that was far worse. Why worry about a kid throwing rocks at you while your house is being gunned down?
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    What does Marvin mean? is that an aussie insult?
    No, it's Marvin the manically depressed robot from THHGTTG by Dogulas Adams.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    My INTJ friend calls himself "little Hitler"... usually I just roll my eyes but sometimes I worry that he might actually be in charge of something someday.
    Doesn't he realise how emotional, illogical and agro Hitler was?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by paradox fox View Post
    I don't remember what I did/said, but in kindergarten a girl said to me, "Shut up, or I'll punch your mouth down your throat." It didn't really hurt my feelings, but I did shut up, thinking like, "Whoa. Damn." And I imagined my mouth rolling down to my stomach, crying "NOOOO!" the whole way down. Then I'd just have a skin-hole on my face where my mouth was. It was actually a very amusing mental picture, lol! Can you just imagine it? "NOOOES!" LOL! Then my nose is like, "What do you want."
    Ah imagination. Truly the greatest gift of mankind.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Child:
    Freak, crazy, weirdo, creepy (I remembered a random fact about someone, and they were freaked out about it...it happens), Autistic (you have NO idea how much I got that one...still do actually).

Adult:
    Evil, heartless, insane, selfish, autistic, and cold are the everyday ones. I really don't care though, they have their flaws, a lot of them have flaws much worse than mine, imo. Plus I find it a waste to care, unless they are seriously calling me said insults while they're being the same way/I have done nothing for them to call me that, that's when I get upset, because then I just think they're retarded.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I hate being told to smile, too. And in the fifth grade, I was the president of my teacher's Space Cadet Club. She actually called out ten year olds as members of her Space Cadet Club.

how could i forget?! me too! mine did too!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!