• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Insult(S)--name calling, statement,etc--someone called or told you....

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I find it interesting how many introverts gets annoyed by that. Not that I judge that, it's just that it usually cheers me up. Not always of course, especially if it's just a remark from a person, that is the cause of my withdrawal (but even there are exceptions, if we're both obviously sorry), but often, it's just a way to show that they care for my mood, that they interpret as a sadness, and this may be the best way, that the person is able to express that. I don't get insulted by this.

I think who/why matters for this one.

A person I don't know very well saying it because they haven't learned that my default facial expression is serious/angry gets the uber-fake smile before I return to default blank stare.

But a closer friend saying it, and me realizing that I'm showing on my face some kind of internal stress or grief is actually usually a good thing, because it signals for me to think about what I'm feeling (2nd-order process) and maybe take it down a notch, look at the big picture, relax, etc.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Kid:
Tomato face (because my face would get red if I got mad, excited and I blushed a lot.
Spazz-was much more hyper active then (possibly ADHD)
Class Clown
Scatterbrain

Tween
Melvin [which is an equivalent of a geek/nerd in the States] This name was repeated in a fake lovers voice by popular bully EnFJ chick who got a whole math class to call me this in retaliation for refusing her abrasive 'romantic advances'. The name lasted for years by her and her toadies.

Teen
Best friend ESTJ would always talk shit to me. Constantly called me fag/fagot. Some of his other gems were (after walking out of the restroom) "Ahh! I just took a nice big Spamtar", "Monkey-boy", "Freak" etc..

Comebacks
He was difficult to talk smack back too because he would be quick to counter or he didn't let on it offended him.
However a few of the ones that worked against him:
"Fecal Freak/Shit Eater",
"Double Anal Sausage Sandwich" or
"[Name] I heard you ate a piece of shit for $5 again. Thats nasty. You a nasty Hoe" and also oddly enough simply "Peasant/Filthy peasant"

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
[B Some of his other gems were (after walking out of the restroom) "Ahh! I just took a nice big Spamtar",.

Lol that would really piss me off. I think we used to do that joke about some guy at school for a time, but I wouldn't now, it's too harsh.

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well the funniest thing somebody ever say to me was with a school trip in the first class of high school. I was very shy and was placed by 3 stupid girls I didn't like.. One girl kept on crying because some "popular" girls didn't like her. I thought OK I will say something nice to her, so I said "don't mind about it, they don't like me either". She looked at me and said "yes but you are different" in a very unpleasant manner. On that moment I didn't like her insult, but later I laughed about it many times and took it as a compliment.

I also have been bullied a few years because of my good marks at school. They called me "a nerd" and that kind of stuff. It was actually very funny, someone who really didn't like me often yelled things in my face. I didn't even react or give a facial expression. I just go on reading or whatever I was doing..

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't remember what I did/said, but in kindergarten a girl said to me, "Shut up, or I'll punch your mouth down your throat." It didn't really hurt my feelings, but I did shut up, thinking like, "Whoa. Damn." And I imagined my mouth rolling down to my stomach, crying "NOOOO!" the whole way down. Then I'd just have a skin-hole on my face where my mouth was. It was actually a very amusing mental picture, lol! Can you just imagine it? "NOOOES!" LOL! Then my nose is like, "What do you want."

Another time a girl was like "blah blah blah (don't remember what she said), and your sick mind." Owwies!

And in middle school people called me ugly. I kind of believed them for a while, which sucked. Everything about me was changing, even my hair went from straight to curly and I didn't know how to deal with it until I was about 16. Plus bad body image and self-esteem because of a trauma that happened. So in middle school, "ugly" hurt a lot. Well anyway who wasn't ugly in middle school? Besides you four girls who were always popular and always beautiful.

I tried not to let any insults get to me, and I got a little cocky about it. A friend of mine tested me out and tried to break me down and insult me, and I just rolled with it all. Even some of my other friends suggested things that she should say, and if any of it did get to me, I was too proud to show it. Her words didn't hurt me, but the fact that she was doing this, when I thought she was once my friend, oh, that did hurt.

Other than that, name-calling never really got to me, basically because I was dealing with stuff that was far worse. Why worry about a kid throwing rocks at you while your house is being gunned down?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
My INTJ friend calls himself "little Hitler"... usually I just roll my eyes but sometimes I worry that he might actually be in charge of something someday.

Doesn't he realise how emotional, illogical and agro Hitler was?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't remember what I did/said, but in kindergarten a girl said to me, "Shut up, or I'll punch your mouth down your throat." It didn't really hurt my feelings, but I did shut up, thinking like, "Whoa. Damn." And I imagined my mouth rolling down to my stomach, crying "NOOOO!" the whole way down. Then I'd just have a skin-hole on my face where my mouth was. It was actually a very amusing mental picture, lol! Can you just imagine it? "NOOOES!" LOL! Then my nose is like, "What do you want."

Ah imagination. Truly the greatest gift of mankind.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Child:
Freak, crazy, weirdo, creepy (I remembered a random fact about someone, and they were freaked out about it...it happens), Autistic (you have NO idea how much I got that one...still do actually).

Adult:
Evil, heartless, insane, selfish, autistic, and cold are the everyday ones. I really don't care though, they have their flaws, a lot of them have flaws much worse than mine, imo. Plus I find it a waste to care, unless they are seriously calling me said insults while they're being the same way/I have done nothing for them to call me that, that's when I get upset, because then I just think they're retarded.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I hate being told to smile, too. And in the fifth grade, I was the president of my teacher's Space Cadet Club. She actually called out ten year olds as members of her Space Cadet Club.

how could i forget?! me too! mine did too!

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
as a kid I was "disruptive"

as an adult I'm "The weirdest guy I've ever met"

I've heard both of those countless times.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
My INTJ friend calls himself "little Hitler"... usually I just roll my eyes but sometimes I worry that he might actually be in charge of something someday.

I didn't have to "self promote", if that's the right term for being compared to a deluded, ego-maniac with a perchance for mass murder.

I never really felt like I deserved it, to be honest. I can understandhow someone might percieve me as the other insults, but not really that one.

The main culprit was a student I knew at university. He always felt some stupid need to rebel against "The Man" and he seemed to decide that I was "The Man" even though I was just a student like him. Perhaps I should be flattered that I was considered an authority figure even when I had no power at all.

He liked to make sure every knew that he wasn't going to do what I said, even though I didn't really give a flying fuck what he was doing. Maybe it was my complete indifferance to his posturings that drove him up the wall so throughly.

The only time I would ever direct people was during group work, but that was just because I wanted to get it finish and get a decent grade. He was alway "I don't want to do it your way." That wouldn't have been so bad if there had some way he was happy to go about it, but most of the time he just seemed disinterested.

Such is the nature of team work - which is why I hate it. My CV says that "I am a good independent worker".

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been called spawn of satan before (true story, LOL). Tickles me pink now.
I've been called weird, geeky, Freak, gay, Miss dictionary (that would be compliment these days, I guess), sad clown (I hated school)etc.
I've also been called selfish, self absorbed, and oblivous...all specials from my mother. She got door slammed over the selfish bit....but that takes alot of explaining.
Other insults include snobby....fake intellectual (that one stung a bit, but I guess I ripped that guy's heart out and stomped on it), space cadet, "off beat", cold, makes no effort with people, door matt (that person very soon afterward, found out what it's like not to have said door matt around), surrogate husband (related to the door matt incident), odd, dark horse (which generally I think is a good thing, but the person didn't mean it that way), "sensitive", "difficult", head strong, blunt, blah, blah. You get the idea.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I havnt been insulted in the longest time. :/

Sometimes folks imply stuff though. Right now I have a lot of people implying Im a snob or think Im too good for people because I dont want to join in in communal activities. They wont actually say it, as they know they would sound unreasonable, but gosh darn are they thinking it!

This happens a lot. :frown:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
'Cunt' has been used several times.

Last edited:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Weird" is the most common insult I receive. It's not the word itself that bothers me but the way it's used and the person's intent when they use it to describe me. Other than that, I don't get too many verbal insults. I do however get dirty looks and other implied, ambiguous crap that people throw in my direction to try and intimidate me when they want to ensure I "know my place" or to highlight my differences as if they're something to be ashamed of. It's a weird power struggle, esp when I in turn start publicly to hint at their insecurities, that I never intiate but always find myself involved.

In very isolated incidents, I've been called rebellious, ridiculous, frustrating, odd, and negative. My mother also likes to call me snarky. I don't know how much that last one counts.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Funniest 'insult' ever:

I said: "I know a lot about music, but when it comes to knowledge of new releases I generally follow behind about half a year."

Friend said: "You generally know a lot, but when it comes to knowledge of new things, you generally follow behind about half a year."

:doh: He was right though!

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
"Why are you so arrogant?" - Dad

"Why do you get so annoyed by everything?" - Dad

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I was younger, I was called weird, psycho, quiet, shy, socially challenged.

Now it seems people either don't notice me or don't know what to make of me.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
What is the matter with people?

I also got called snobby and stuck up when I was younger.

Sadly the person who has been responsible for most of the insults thrown at me has been my own mother. Her favourites:

'You're just like your father'. A person she detested and made no effort to hide the fact.

'You're thoughtless' Hah! What an oxymoron.

'Get off your lazy backside'

and the one that really got in and has caused a major rift between us this last year was....

Mum turns to daughter and sneeringly says, 'So you're not so perfect are you?'
Daughter stares at mother then asks 'Why do you say such things?'
Mother thinks to herself (later revealed by her) 'You sanctimonious bitch'.

Sometimes I wish I was adopted.

The greatest insult that someone could throw at me would be.....

'You're just like your mother'