• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Post the name of the nice movie you've seen recently

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
Everybody has different taste, but NTs have a very distinctive taste... Post here the name of a recently released movie you enjoyed so much and worth mentioning to others...

Please, don't make fun of other people's taste... I personally get hurt if someone laughs at me for suggesting a movie. Just don’t hurt anyone. You can always give your opinions without hurting anyone.

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Man From Earth

User comment found at IMDB says "I highly recommend "Man from Earth" to any and all who love intelligent science fiction. A friend downloaded the film, illegally no doubt. I've watched it three times thus far, and I'll be the first in line to buy the DVD (legally =) this coming Tuesday.
"

I watched this movie. The only reason they say it is a science fiction, because of John Oldman's "non human characteristic". But I pictured John Oldman as a symbol of "History".

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
rescue dawn by werner herzog with christian bale

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
No Country For Old Men. If you're a Cohen Brothers fan (Blood Simple, Fargo, Big Lebowski) you won't be disappointed.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Dogma,
Along standing favourite of mine. I re watched it recently and it's still just as filled with fascinating detail as the first time I watched it.

(Not sure that all NTs have particular tastes, my usual film is an action film and they're pretty generic.)

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
I personally get hurt if someone laughs at me for suggesting a movie. Just don’t hurt anyone. You can always give your opinions without hurting anyone.

not that i think criticizing others taste in movies makes much sense, but i almost wear certain movies others hated as a badge of honor.

"you didn't like such and such movie? wow, i loved it... i'm obviously able to see more clearly the value of the movie... so, despite your horrible taste in movies we can still be friends"

that's at least the gist of what i think when i see a bad review or meet someone that didn't like what i like :) ... the more they don't like it the more i like it. maybe that's just my "i-am-a-unique-snowflake-do-not-test-me" side coming through :p

edit: and back to the topic, it's kind of old but "A Life Less Ordinary" i liked a lot. been playing recently on hbo or w/e.

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
"you didn't like such and such movie? wow, i loved it... i'm obviously able to see more clearly the value of the movie... so, despite your horrible taste in movies we can still be friends"

The way u said it is fine. But some people say things that seem okay when they say them, but the meaning behind them really hurts. Like saying, “you enjoyed that movie, it made me puke". Without describing what content made them puke, they say things generally. Think about it, if someone says this to a movie like "Babel" which has lots of cultural settings, people from those cultures might feel hurt.

I personally hate “Babel”. But it has nothing to do with the cultures depicted in the movie. Only the contents of story I hate, but I like the settings and the camera angles.

Forfe

I personally hate “Babel”. But it has nothing to do with the cultures depicted in the movie. Only the contents of story I hate, but I like the settings and the camera angles.

Coincidentally, Babel is one of my definite favorites, mainly because of the part set in Tokyo. For the other three storylines I agree the content is nothing special (I don't hate it though), but the part with the deaf girls really stands out. And that has very little to do with the cultural setting, but everything to do with the content.

Other than that I like... Garden State. I'm not sure why, it doesn't have an amazing story or genius plot twists, etc. But I'll dip into gestalt psychology and insist the whole is more than the sum of its parts. I just love watching this movie.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
No Country For Old Men. If you're a Cohen Brothers fan (Blood Simple, Fargo, Big Lebowski) you won't be disappointed.
I'm a fan of their work, but this one was less polished than some of their past movies. I liked it, but it was also thoroughly disturbing and left me with very mixed feelings.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Everybody has different taste, but NTs have a very distinctive taste... Post here the name of a recently released movie you enjoyed so much and worth mentioning to others...
My most recent favorite was Pride and Prejudice which I saw last winter several times.
Kiera Knightly was excellent in it.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sense and Sensibility was also an excellent movie, going on the Jane Austen theme. I was pleasantly surprised to see Alan Rickman in it (who also plays Prof. Snape in Harry Potter). It also features Hugh Grant and Hugh Laurie (the actor who plays the infamous doctor House) in a side role.

Sense and Sensibility (1995)

As for other obscure but excellent movies, the film Nicholas Nickleby based on a novel by Charles Dickens was quite entertaining and uplifting.

Nicholas Nickleby (2002)

Miss Potter was an interesting film. It has an unusual twist which I shall not give away, but the story does a fascinating job of debunking the happy ending while still managing to come around to the happy ending at the end of the film.

Miss Potter (2006)

Lastly, as far as recent films, I rather enjoyed Neil Gaiman's Stardust.

Stardust (2007)

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
Lastly, as far as recent films, I rather enjoyed Neil Gaiman's Stardust.

Stardust (2007)

Huh . . . yeah, that's actually what I was gonna post. Was the last movie I saw in theaters that I really enjoyed.

Saw two at a film festival at my school that are probably worth mentioning since my primary choice has already been stated ;)

Notre Musique--very technically artistic, very dense . . . a thinker flick,

and Les Invasions Barbares, which may be the most emotionally gripping movie I've ever seen (even if a lot of the effect is, basically, pretty cheap).

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I recently saw "August Rush" and "Bella" in theaters. I enjoyed both. "August Rush" was more mainstream, but the soundtrack was beautiful and the story was enjoyable IMO. It was a bit of a heart-jerker.

Bella was also good (almost a breath of fresh air). There's no violence, sex, or explosions involved...it's just about regular 'ole life...which in a way, is kinda nice.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a fan of their work, but this one was less polished than some of their past movies. I liked it, but it was also thoroughly disturbing and left me with very mixed feelings.

Freaky serendipity. I was just wondering what (if anything) happened to you, I hadn't seen you post in ages and you're in here quoting me.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sense and Sensibility was also an excellent movie, going on the Jane Austen theme. I was pleasantly surprised to see Alan Rickman in it (who also plays Prof. Snape in Harry Potter). It also features Hugh Grant and Hugh Laurie (the actor who plays the infamous doctor House) in a side role.
Sense and Sensibility (1995)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309912/

Miss Potter was an interesting film. It has an unusual twist which I shall not give away, but the story does a fascinating job of debunking the happy ending while still managing to come around to the happy ending at the end of the film.
Miss Potter (2006)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/
I enjoyed both of these.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Serenity, the movie based on the Firefly series. Awesome movie. :D Made me decide to order the series on DVD! *can't wait until it comes in the mail*