User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 53

  1. #21
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've valued every minute of knowing you. It's been my honor.
    Apparently the smileys aren't working at the moment very well, but it doesn't matter anyway because I don't think there's one for "face like a beetroot"!!

    Ahem, on with the thread people, c'mon, quick, someone say something serious and intellectual!


    *mumbles excuses to leave room and bangs into doorpost on way out*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  2. #22
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    lol! Hey, banging embarrassedly into poles/doorposts is MY gig! Get your own!

    Now the Gallic shrug, I have yet to master. *does poor stiff J version* hahaha!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #23
    Member Hypomanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've known more NTP narcissists than I can shake a stick at. And further, I've had friends of other types admit the same NTP nastiness to them that the INFP spoke of (including my own ENFP sister who's just as smart or more so than the dismissive little anklebiter who turned on her).

    Then again, that "bored" hostage-taking NTP behavior is so off balance and deserving of a kick to the head that I've seen other NTPs stand clear of it or offer to shake the offender until their teeth rattled.

    [This isn't a sweeping condemnation of NTPs, nor is it an invitation to turn this thread into a NFJ-NTP bash-fest. Just responding to the OP.]
    Hmm well that leads back to my above post..

    Quote Originally Posted by hypomanic
    Here is one possible case scenario:

    The NF is more feelings oriented.
    The NT is more intellectual oriented.
    The NF mistakes the NT's intellectual debates as a cold expression of their true feelings, when in fact, the NT is only speaking theory.

    " Verbally as well as cerebrally quick, ENTPs enjoy arguing: for its own sake, and to show off their impressive verbal skills. They often have a perverse sense of humour, and play devil's advocate regardless of consequence. They sometimes confuse, even hurt, those who cannot understand the concept of argument as a sport." -- ENTP.ORG
    That should explain some things.
    NT's are actually optimists. We're idealists as well.. the realists are typically S's.. although Niche was an INTJ I think.

  4. #24
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    From my experience, they are amoral, sadistic, colorless in personality with no concept of empathy. They seem like poorly designed simulacra of a human, inverted into constant self-worship. Their single-minded goal of 'appearing right' seems impossibly empty to me, not to mention dull and draining."
    Just as a sidenote: INFPs are known for using hyperbole and exaggeration for emotional effect. A rant by an INFP with a strong vocabulary can really freak out NTs, who might take all that precise-sounding, colorful terminology literally.

    Also, Perceivers have no difficulty holding and juggling conflicting opinions of something simultaneously. INFPs in particular have a reputation for being fickle due to their ability to shift rapidly between two strongly conflicting viewpoints. Combine that with a gift for hyperbole, and the effect can be either comical or devastating, depending on how one views those things.

    When listening to an INFP, I personally tune out much of the emotional content. The words may be well-chosen and paint a reliable picture, but the dial on the emotional level may be set at 11. It doesn't necessarily mean they feel strongly about an issue. Even when INFPs are fuming and ranting about something, it doesn't take much to flip them around and get them talking about the positives. Who knows, the following day that same INFP in the OP might well praise NTPs to the sky after one of his NTP buddies helps him out on a school or work project.

    INFPs justify these emotional gymnastics by referring to their open-mindedness, mental agility, or ability to deal with an emotional subject quickly and move on. But of course a lot of times it comes down to superficiality.

    By the same token, I try to moderate the emotional content of my own speech and writing. I know from experience that my choice of language can be a little shocking to other personality types who may use language with more precision. I also keep in mind that in 10 minutes I may be taking the opposite side of the argument, trying to re-establish a more balanced picture. So if I feel strongly about something, then before speaking I double-check and see whether I could make the opposite argument with almost as much ease--and I usually can. So I try to strike the middle line first time out rather than have to backtrack later and explain why I'm seemingly all over the place on an issue.

    IOW, I'm largely unimpressed with the OP. Sounds like typical INFP hyperbole. Until I see more evidence that this is really a deeply-held conviction, I just read it as "I don't get along well with NTPs. They're just too damned dry for me. They don't seem to appreciate my own colorful way of seeing things."

  5. #25
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    FineLine what you say there reminds me of an INFP I know who can work herself up into a frenzy ranting about Lisa Simpson and how much she REALLY hates her in the Barbecue episode where Lisa turns vegetarian. She seriously looks like she bears a homicidal hatred towards this cartoon child, and one could think she was completely derranged!!

    But then, all it takes is for me to mention a really funny/cool part from a different episode, and she's now raving about that and laughing her butt off, having forgotten all about Lisa!

    INFP's"!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  6. #26
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    FineLine what you say there reminds me of an INFP I know who can work herself up into a frenzy ranting about Lisa Simpson and how much she REALLY hates her in the Barbecue episode where Lisa turns vegetarian. She seriously looks like she bears a homicidal hatred towards this cartoon child, and one could think she was completely derranged!!

    But then, all it takes is for me to mention a really funny/cool part from a different episode, and she's now raving about that and laughing her butt off, having forgotten all about Lisa!

    INFP's"!!
    That's us.

    INFPs can find and communicate the essence of an issue, but then we sagotage our own message with lack of balance and emotional overload.

    ENTPs in particular can play a positive role for INFPs by testing our choice of language, questioning our commitment to a position, and compelling us to refine our message in general, or even just by diverting our attention to more entertaining subjects.

  7. #27
    Senior Member lazyhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default

    my relationships are good with ntp's... but of course according to the mbti, i am one. i met 2 so far. My sister whom is a ENTP and my friend, another "intp". My sister can annoy me at times but we're are buddehs through thick and thin and i loves her and can mostly talk about anything with her. My "intp" (i put quotations for she is very XNFJ) and i get along greatly (even though we arn't the best of friends) but sometimes she starts preaching to me about the bible (even though it's not a "bad preach"- it still gets on my nerves) and i can't be with her anymore. but yeah... i love ntp's

  8. #28
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    I wub me some NTPs and I distain me some NTPs. *shrug* Head ain't work'n so I guess I'll have to leave it at that...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #29
    Senior Member raincrow007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I wub me some NTPs and I distain me some NTPs. *shrug* Head ain't work'n so I guess I'll have to leave it at that...
    *loses interest mid-sentence and walks off*


  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default

    I would be excited if somebody said something like that about me. Firstly, because it would be a great opportunity for a debate, and secondly, because there's a good chance that after the debate that person person will never speak to me again. Everybody has their flaws, but that's a little over the top. It doesn't matter though. Judgemental people rule. They actually stand firm, even when they've got nothing to stand on. That's fun, you've got to admit!

    Not only do I get bored with people once there's no longer any kind of challege, I get bored with people once they know ME too well. And I can easily deem a person as worthless to me and move on without fear that I've made the wrong choice. On the outside, most people don't notice. It's when they try to pry their way in that I come across as a jerk. For the most part, I do lack empathy. I certainly wouldn't expect anybody to have empathy for me.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTP's and long LASTING relationships
    By SpankyMcFly in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO