User Tag List

View Poll Results: As an NT, do you exprience anxiety, panic attacks, depression or the like?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 85.29%
  • No

5 14.71%
First 123

NPcomplete

In my case, it's not depression, just a bout of sadness and/or agonising.

I do sometimes experience mini anxiety/panic attacks though. It's like a vicious spiral and I become convinced that Hades will break loose (and sometimes even see signs of it happening). However some part of my brain usually takes over and goes over every possibility rationally and I calm down.

Remembering to breathe usually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    ETA: by the way, if you have a panic attack or are on the verge of one, chew gum. It counteracts the body's ability to let the fight or flight adrenalin response kick in.
    Could this be related to the fact that some people eat a lot (and therefore chew) when they're anxious or stressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Everyone does o.o
    I think so too.

MBTI
    INTP

I use to experience (social)anxiety when I was in high school; never sought any kind of help for it. I still experience it on rare occasions, but not enough for my to label it as an issue.

Never had a panic attack nor suffered depression. I will sometimes feel a sudden sadness/emptiness, but it never lasts for more than a day. It mostly stems from me feeling trapped due to being in the military. I usually just analyze my way through it and let it pass.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tecla View Post
    I use to experience (social)anxiety when I was in high school; never sought any kind of help for it. I still experience it on rare occasions, but not enough for my to label it as an issue.

Never had a panic attack nor suffered depression. I will sometimes feel a sudden sadness/emptiness, but it never lasts for more than a day. It mostly stems from me feeling trapped due to being in the military. I usually just analyze my way through it and let it pass.
    You sound exactly like someone i know! (no joke)
    I bet your a really nice person.

Two bouts of major depression (over a year duration both times) about 20 years apart. First depression had anxiety/panic attacks.

Never took pills (don't like to). They usually strike at times in my life when I am not certain about my future path. As long as I have goals I am extremely optimistic, when I don't have goals I kind of tailspin for a while.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Never took pills (don't like to). They usually strike at times in my life when I am not certain about my future path. As long as I have goals I am extremely optimistic, when I don't have goals I kind of tailspin for a while.
    same

MBTI
    ENTP

Depression at varying levels throughout life. Given my age (22), I wonder how much is simply down to growing up. This year has been a blast, thus far.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

MBTI
    INTJ

U have a lot of anxiety and am depressed (probably not clinically) a lot. I never ever tell anyone any deep feelings. It's really hard for me. Thankfully, the other day, my friend noticed I was unhappy and organised somewhere to talk alone and I managed to say some of what I was feeling. It was really relieving. He was very supportive and accomodating. I also had a panic attack once because of my anxiety over something. It wasn't really even important.