• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP boxed relations

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
putting together two threads 1. which type wont take the mbti type ( it seems entps dont like being boxed into a type and always try to defy it)

2. another recent thread confirmed that many ENTPs carry on with dead relations.

A seeming paradox... not wanting to be boxed in yet hanging onto a relation which possibly offers no growth or is dead end in many ways.

Whats going on here?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the key here is that it *wasn't* a dead relationship, and depending how the relationship was before the spark disappeared determines how long the ENTP will stay in order to try to revive it, but this is only a theory.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
Thats one possibility another is the ENTP's ability to envision the future possibilties with their partner, so even if it is all stale there could be something in future which keeps the ENTP hooked.

on the other hand it could be natural human emotion of habit or security with the same person. but if that were so how true would an ENTP be to his type? aka shunning all relations which dont offer growth in one way or another?

or another reason could be they are so tangled in the relation that they cant put themselves at a distance from the relation and evaluate the relation rationally, as happens with different types.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I can easily see this as being a reason. It also helps if the functions are developed properly, as well as those of the actions of the other person. If one of our functions sees (Ne-I believe) something and misinterprets it as perhaps beneficial we may Ti it into actually believing it's reality. On the other hand circumstances outside of type may be holding the ENTP within it's box, whether they want out or not. On the offhand that it isn't that, then I would say if in the case of an extreme ENTP then I imagine they would get out as quickly as possible, if possible. I could be spouting nothingness and if I am then disregard it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not leaving a relationship when one should is mostly what you suggested, being open to endless possibilities, which could include things improving.

And in relation to understanding type, ENTPs would be more likely to want to understand their ENTPness for their own understanding, not so they feel boxed. Better understanding creates a clearer picture by which we can come to better conclusions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A seeming paradox... not wanting to be boxed in yet hanging onto a relation which possibly offers no growth or is dead end in many ways.

Maybe its love.

For example I personally think mbti is a big fail and can limit ones personal growth in many ways or misdirect it in a way one enters a mode of big communication fail with others forever; but on the other hand I love the idea of having some archetypical setting for everyone like in a roleplay game because it gives everyone some kind of part in a bigger play that then in connection can create a story.

Or like I think the mbti personalities as discussed on this forum are way too limiting to ever capture the very essence or shades of my being, but I stick with them because I love to post here and the people on the forum.

Dunno, I suck when it comes to defining my loyalities, I just notice I seem to have them.