First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

You'reWrongI'mRight is indeed right. Equal partnership or GTFO

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Chi'xer View Post
    Good to see the distinction being drawn between a trading dispensation versus the other one which I think is the better outlook.. referred to by an ENTJ female as an idealistic one or a less/non realistic one.

Also, ppl tend to see this in 'relationships' but it holds true more across the board than not.. just a matter of perspective and underlying factors that dictate the fundamentals that shape an outlook.
    it's not really less/non realistic to me. Like I mentioned before. I try as hard as possible to give the people I care about whatever they want; however, when I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, I don't allow it to continue.

The showing of genuine appreciation is good enough for me, that will keep me happy. So long as I feel like I can rely on someone when I need it is also generally a rule.
    If I can't, then I'll know when I'm being taken advantage of, thus, putting me in an unhealthy, one-sided relationship.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think relationships are always hard, for everyone. But yes, it did take me 33 years to maintain a level of interest beyond a few weeks. And it was with another NT.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've never been in one. I am not very articulate, so I would not be a fancy boyfriend or anything, but what I would be is devoted.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes. For me it's very hard to find someone who stimulates me intellectually, and to then maintain a relationship with them. I have a very difficult time trying to figure out how I even feel about someone to begin with, coupled with the fact that I also lose interest in people far too easily makes it that bit harder (makes it difficult on the other person too. Sometimes I worry that I'm stringing someone along while I figure out what the hell I'm doing, which can end up hurting them). Still, I'm young yet and have plenty of time to sort myself out... I hope
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh wait, I'm not a female. Oops. Well surely my comment could apply to females as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

In some ways they're harder because we're less relationship-focused, in others easier, for the same reason - we don't obsess over them as some women do.
    I've never felt I needed to be in one to feel complete, but I recognise the benefits at the same time.
    I think I'm hard to be in a relationship with. Very hard. I'm hard-wired for independence and self-sufficiency. I need A LOT of space or I feel smothered and panicky. I know my own worth and I'm pretty uncompromising. I seldom meet anyone I'm interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I may not be the most sympathetic person( very bad at it in-fact), but if I am one thing, its empathetic.
    I'm very good at putting myself in peoples shoes, and listening to what they have to say. I will go out of my way to make sure they feel like they have someone to rely on; however, it seems that most people, including some of my best friends don't reciprocate often.
    In a relationship, this is one of the worst things ever. I need to know I can rely on someone for support when I need to vent about something, I rarely do it anyways, so when I want to, you know it's important to me.
    They never made me feel comfortable doing so, and the rational part of me alway said " This is something that can be solved easily, you don't need to discuss it". I ended up keeping everything to myself, and felt like I was only there for them, and not myself, basically, just along for the ride.

This is why I rarely date anymore. I don't date anyone that I don't know very well, and who know me just as much. They know what kind of person I am, and how I think AHEAD of time; vice versa.
    Second all of that.

Sometimes relationships feel more like charity than something mutually beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I may not be the most sympathetic person( very bad at it in-fact), but if I am one thing, its empathetic.
    I'm very good at putting myself in peoples shoes, and listening to what they have to say. I will go out of my way to make sure they feel like they have someone to rely on; however, it seems that most people, including some of my best friends don't reciprocate often.
    In a relationship, this is one of the worst things ever. I need to know I can rely on someone for support when I need to vent about something, I rarely do it anyways, so when I want to, you know it's important to me.
    They never made me feel comfortable doing so, and the rational part of me alway said " This is something that can be solved easily, you don't need to discuss it". I ended up keeping everything to myself, and felt like I was only there for them, and not myself, basically, just along for the ride
    . ( this is when I was still really young, inexperienced, and had a hard time being myself)
    +1 everything, esp. bold. But not so much on the the empathetic part. Working hard on it though. I can easily put myself in other peoples shoes, but I rarely have any feelings about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmm.. I wonder if we're "tough" because people let us down, or if people let us down because we're "tough"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Hmm.. I wonder if we're "tough" because people let us down, or if people let us down because we're "tough"...
    No , I'm 90% certain people let me down becuase I'm "tough"

luckily I'm pretty self aware