User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default The Ultimate NT Discourse

Some of you may have heard of it. It's an absolute must-read for any NT, and for anyone who wants to get into the mind of an NT, particularly the ENTJ method.

The Ethics of Belief

MBTI
    xxxx

I prefer a more result-oriented ethics. While the essay prescribes a proper course of evidence for responding to evidence, it leaves no provisions for gathering evidence? Does the world so easily dictate its nature that anyone with basic faculties of reason can interpret it correctly? To accept the strongest case is always to reject the weaker ones, suppressing later discoveries as one attempting to explore a weaker case is acting against evidence.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

ReflecTcelfeR

The only spot where I can possibly infer the gathering of evidence is in the first story where the man "trusts in Providence" to soften his fears, which suggests that you should in fact not do that and examine a situation. I enjoyed the article, but it isn't much more than a diagnosis of the problem, which isn't bad because knowing is the first step to fixing. (Quite honestly I didn't read the whole article, but what I did read was enlightening)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I prefer a more result-oriented ethics. While the essay prescribes a proper course of evidence for responding to evidence, it leaves no provisions for gathering evidence?
    I'd say it was inferred from the scientific method.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    The only spot where I can possibly infer the gathering of evidence is in the first story where the man "trusts in Providence" to soften his fears, which suggests that you should in fact not do that and examine a situation. I enjoyed the article, but it isn't much more than a diagnosis of the problem, which isn't bad because knowing is the first step to fixing. (Quite honestly I didn't read the whole article, but what I did read was enlightening)
    Yeah, it's not necessary to read the entire thing, because he does tend to waffle and repeat himself as a 19th century writer (although I enjoy his prose so it doesn't really bother me).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I tend to agree with what the writer says.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I havent read it cause its too long but intuitively I know building an airplane solves all problems always !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I would have liked the writer of this essay. This part below is nearly exactly what I believe.

“No simplicity of mind, no obscurity of station, can escape the universal duty of questioning all that we believe.

It is true that this duty is a hard one, and the doubt which comes out of it is often a very bitter thing. It leaves us bare and powerless where we thought that we were safe and strong. To know all about anything is to know how to deal with it under all circumstances. We feel much happier and more secure when we think we know precisely what to do, no matter what happens, then when we have lost our way and do not know where to turn. And if we have supposed ourselves to know all about anything, and to be capable of doing what is fit in regard to it, we naturally do not like to find that we are really ignorant and powerless, that we have to begin again at the beginning, and try to learn what the thing is and how it is to be dealt with--if indeed anything can be learnt about it. It is the sense of power attached to a sense of knowledge that makes men desirous of believing, and afraid of doubting. “

I may need to put this as my signature, it suits me so perfectly.
    Embrace the possibilities.