User Tag List

First 123 Last

ENTPs and INTJs.

The entps may take it for fun at first (especially if you describe it in funny terms like "The test to determine if you will be kissed by a unicorn or eaten by a dragon") but then get really defensive as they hate to be put in a box. I have had three different ones at different times use that phrase "you cant put people in boxes". They really dont like sterotypes about entps-yet funnily, here, they will fight the "boxing" yet if you say something negative about an entp in real life-they will turn it into a fight about how you are attacking entps.

If you ask them-why is it you are against being put into a box, but you get defensive when I critique another person who just happens to fit in your particular box to which you insist you dont belong-they stop and go "hmmmm..." and then we can actually have an interesting convo. Some sorta weird loop there.

I think the intjs are just so used to being unique that it just seems impossible you could find a test that somehow categorizes them-so they dont believe it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Really? I'm not so sure. I realize that the MBTI is not saying there are 16 types of identical people in the world and it is simply categorization. Both us INTJs and ENTPs I think must be at least fairly open to the idea considering they and INTPs seem to make up the majority of this site.

The reason I did it was due to an interest in psychology and a desire to understand myself and those around me better. It helped me understand my driving mechanisms of living. Why I do what I do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I think the intjs are just so used to being unique that it just seems impossible you could find a test that somehow categorizes them-so they dont believe it.

True. Quite true.

I recall a time back in college, when a friend asked me ...

Well, let me give you the dialog:

Friend: Uumlau, um, are you gay?
    Me: No. Why do you ask?
    Friend: Well, I was overhearing some people talking and they said you were gay.
    Me: *sigh* Would these be the same people or different people than those who accuse me of chasing all the freshman women?
    Friend: Oh, yeah, that's right! They wrote that song about you!
    3rd party stranger, listening in: They wrote a song about you?! High five, my man!

The truth is I was chasing only one freshman female (suspected INTP, maybe ISTP) on whom I had quite the crush. I was, however, "just friends" with many other women, and I suspect the latter led to the other two rumors. The song had to do with the fact that it was a technical college with a very low female-to-male student ratio, so many regarded it as unusual and perhaps unfair that I was on good terms with so many of the women. The song was meant as chastisement and public ridicule, not praise. I'm not so sure about the "gay" rumor, except that some may have legitimately noticed the "just friends" part, and couldn't conceive of being "just friends" with a woman unless I were gay.

So if people who supposedly know me and see me on a daily basis regularly misinterpret my motivations and characteristics so drastically, how is a mere test with 16 categories supposed to classify me except in a circular manner (as I answer the obvious questions for I/E, T/F and so on and get the expected answers)?

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Really? I'm not so sure. I realize that the MBTI is not saying there are 16 types of identical people in the world and it is simply categorization. Both us INTJs and ENTPs I think must be at least fairly open to the idea considering they and INTPs seem to make up the majority of this site.

The reason I did it was due to an interest in psychology and a desire to understand myself and those around me better. It helped me understand my driving mechanisms of living. Why I do what I do.
    This in bold is the value. (Somehere there is a profile of the site-the INTPs win, but after that I thought it was split pretty evenly across the Ns?????)

The first time I ever saw MBTI mentioned was on an ADHD forum. I assumed it was voodoo, but my two friends in grad school all took it. Upon reading the descriptions this was the convo:

The ENTP friend:
    ENTP: Wow, this sounds right-but you cant box people in. (I have heard this from four other entps after taking an MBTI test. It just pops out of their mouth)

The INTJ friend:
    INTJ: I am nothing like this.
    Me and ENTP: *trying not to laugh out loud and just looking at each other*

This women was the most INTJish INTJ I have ever seen. Everyone thought she was going to come to work and kill us. She was famous for the one liners. "If you worked harder, you might actually graduate" and "You really seem to be confused about your own data. Did you get a chance to actually read it?".

The INTJ description was what actually convinced the ENTP that the test might have merit.

From that day onwards we understood our INTJ friend. I must say labeling you guys is a bit of a public service as then it makes it easier for other people to accept you, even if they do not understand you. I have since ran across about another dozen INTJs and now I like to hug them and give them random gifts and shower them with insane baskets of smile. They are my favs. Because of your natural hesitant nature people totally dont get you guys at all.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    So if people who supposedly know me and see me on a daily basis regularly misinterpret my motivations and characteristics so drastically, how is a mere test with 16 categories supposed to classify me except in a circular manner (as I answer the obvious questions for I/E, T/F and so on and get the expected answers)?
    My INTJ friend promptly retook the test and came out an INFP.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'd say ESTJ, ESFP, and INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have an ISxJ cousin who is violently opposed to the idea of personality tests. He is afraid of what will be done with the results and that he will be labeled in some way.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the istj i know said...i don't need to take some test to find out how i am....he also thinks people on the internet are not real. haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    .he also thinks people on the internet are not real. haha
    He's right. I imagined you all. I think I did an ok job.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    The ENTP friend:
    ENTP: Wow, this sounds right-but you cant box people in. (I have heard this from four other entps after taking an MBTI test. It just pops out of their mouth)
    I told my friend this too when he first threw it at me.

My attitude is now:

"You still can't box people in perfectly in types, but there are undeniable patterns in people."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    He's right. I imagined you all. I think I did an ok job.
    Me especially.