• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP; Built To "Mirror" EVERYTHING?

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have had many experiences lately with strong Fi users (ISTJ, ENFP, ESFJ) that make me think we ENTP are not just living in a mask, but due to Ne Fe are enabled to connect with any kind of function. It is not just an external mirror, but more like the mirror in the Matrix. You see the reality around you just looking, but if you reach out to touch it, allows you to go through to the other side. Like Ti Si is fully capable of interpreting and turning on the Fi, Ni we entp see/experience in other people.

I know I probably end upcoming across as malevolent, shifty, and just plane scary to people who have know me for a while. I think this is because I "feel" the other person, learn them and then can predict outcomes in large groups of people based on this "people memory" that I have. Great for leading groups, but one-on one interactions may not align with what people are expecting. Ti gives me the capability to disregard the (real) feeling I have for people when the problem at hand requires a decision that goes against someone I care about.

After enough time (1-2 deep conversations per person) it is like the 3D posters. I don't see random patterns but the full intricate picture automatically. Now that I have been working with an average of 35-50 people at work daily, this is happening even quicker.

I actually resent this sometimes. There are folks I don't want to connect to, but it is not like I have a lot of choice. I usually have someone’s life's story within about 15 minutes; Especially on the first meeting???

Anyways, just wanted to know if this is what the entp collective here experience.

Here is an example of how it works (this person is someone I do care about)

"I am so sad after talking to you. I mirrored your Fi at the end of the day and my poor partially crushed and charred USB connecter for Fi short circuited and my soul dropped somewhere through the floor."

Specifically, Fi freaks me out because it is usually so sad and I don't know how to handle that overwhelming response. My Ti kicks into overdrive and I immediately start spitting out solutions to the poor person who (apparently) just needs comfort.

What part of this sight do I post a lifelong blanket apology to all Fi users who I have apparently obliterated their Fi request for empathy?

Any experience?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think we are fragile, highly suggestible, and we pull energy from our environment. My moods are so capricious. It feels more like volatility than anything else.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My moods are so capricious.

Yep, that is the part that gets me everytime with my ENFP friends. I will be having a great day or even an ok day. Talk to the enfp with the Fi in overdrive and I need to spend 30 min to an hour sorting through my new-found Fi in overdrive as well. Ti sorts out the practical solutions while the Fi zinger dispates, after reconnecting with all the times that particular feeling occured.

It is never just a moment for us. The imprint from an external Fi source is made (even Ni) and then becomes part of this person's memory.

Maybe, this is why we never feel like we have been without someone we care about. We always reconnect to this internal construct immediately when we see this person again.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
its the best quality. needs auxiliary function development to be brought in some balance