User Tag List

First 123 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I'm a 4 because my dad told me when I was 12 that he did not love me.

Awesomepossum.

Emotional rejection is a travesty.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

If someone didnt appreciate something I've put a lot of "emotions" into I'd just slap them and be like OKAY NOW WE ARE GOING TO TRY THIS AGAIN, BUT WITH A LITTLE MORE ENTHUSIASM, K?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I don't set up an expected response...just when I do things, they tend to be really over the top. So, I dunno, I want some kind of correlation between the level of creativity and effort and the reaction.
    That's an expectation right there.

Personally, I'm an acts-of-service type. If I do something for someone, all I want is a little thanks. They don't have to be giddy or excited or even return the favor or give me beer or a meal... They just have to appreciate what I did and then I feel ok with how it all played out.

I might expect more if I did something out of the ordinary, like make some sentimental doodad for them. I feel like that's going out of my way more than say, helping someone move or setting up their tv/computer/whatever.

I've had higher expectations in the past and people are ungrateful jerks. You can't control anything except what you do.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I just feel so...I dunno, out of place overall when doing extreme emotional/thoughtful/sweet acts or whatver, but I don't really notice it until it doesn't get the reaction (aka a big one) that I was hoping for. I feel like it undermines my reputation as a robot (which I sort of try to maintain for the purpose of protection/it is comfortable). And then when I don't get the reaction I was hoping for, I tell myself "oh, well, don't be sweet anymore...you are too sappy, too needy, this is pitiful" etc

It is just really bothering because I enjoy making people happy, but when it goes unnoticed, I want to stop, but sometimes I keep doing and feel like an idiot. I am not entirely sure why I feel like an idiot when initiating emotional things.

Soooo...for lack of a better term....how do I stop being sensitive to reactions to things that make me feel vulnerable?
    This does not cover all of what you are talking about, but when I do nice things for people, I prefer it to be completely anonymous. I get my satisfaction from seeing them enjoy or make use of whatever I have done from a distance, without the attention, fuss, or emotional scene of being directly involved in their reaction. If my action cannot be anonymous, the next best thing is for only the target person to be involved or around when I do it. Then I do my best to downplay their reaction and minimize the emotional interaction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

You are an NT..your emotional, ooey gooey and kind acts are made evident less often than with other types. When you do show such things, you want to be recognized and appreciated for it, since they are so rare. It's natural.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    You are an NT..your emotional, ooey gooey and kind acts are made evident less often than with other types. When you do show such things, you want to be recognized and appreciated for it, since they are so rare. It's natural.
    No, actually, I really don't care about recognition, and my kind actions are not that rare. My concern is mostly that the act had the desired effect, and the intended beneficiary did indeed benefit. A direct acknowledgment can provide this assurance, but my own observations and third party reports can as well. I find direct thanks and recognition quite embarrassing and prefer to minimize it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

He pays attention, but he is an INTJ...therefore I make it my goal to get a reaction out of him. I just like getting reactions outta people!
    This is where you fucked up.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    yup

MBTI
    ISFJ

How about growing a pair?

If you want to give, give freely, without expecting something in return. No, seriously.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ it isn't that it is not freely, because obviously I still give, even with not much/nothing in return. I was just curious about how others of differing/same types would feel in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    It makes me feel a little less like everyone else if he shows more attention to what I do, instead of ignoring it.

I am over it by now, anyway. I was probably just about to be on my period when I made this thread and was more emotionally sensitive.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex