• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Letting Your Thoughts Settle: Ti + Si?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTPs may relate here: my thoughts are always changing and ideas always progressing in my mind, and sometimes I become overwhelmed while trying to deal with them all at once.

Some of these thoughts, however, are ones I've already gone over, but the analytical side of me (I'm guessing Ti) wants to keep analyzing them. These are indeed personal thoughts as they deal with a relationship that was cut off in the past, but I feel nothing for it as I'm simply analyzing it. Still, I've already processed through the merits of these things, and I'm guessing since this was personal, my mind wasn't letting it go. Maybe my Ne can't accept the fact that maybe some things stop progressing (or slow down to a degree that makes it seem so).

But I found a solution: I recognized that when I thought about this situation, I'd go through the same process of thoughts, and at the end I'd realize I had done so once again. So I decided to think, "Aren't I wasting time going through this thought process again?" and decided to conclude that my thoughts on the subject were valid, and that rethinking them would be redundant.

Is this Ti + Si? Can NTPs "set things in stone" in their mind to save themselves the time or effort?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can do it, but I don't find it easy at all to set things in stone like that. The compulsion to keep analyzing them is too strong, until something new comes along (happens often enough).

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
this is the entp cross... look at the positive - at least we know we have identified our type right... finally...

the way i deal with it group the thoughts and tell them to scram and come and bother me some other time but not now , not when im busy with work studies..

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
This sounds familiar to me. When I recognize that I'm stuck in a certain thought process it's a lot easier to get a grip on it or leave it be.