User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Ti constructs

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Come on, visa! Give us one of your Ti constructs. I know you're into music. Maybe you've thought a lot about, and have a construct for, what "the ideal band" would be. Maybe it includes a couple electric guitars, a flute player, and 3 girls dancing on stage with pom poms. Put it out there! Even if it's a relatively lame topic. It doesn't have to be rocket science - nobody would want to read that anyways.
    Ti constructs are different in ISTP then they are in INTPs. TI constructs in ISTPs dont contain the detail of a couple electric guitars, a flute player, etc. Our constructs are very vague. as it builds Ni, not Si. It doesnt build concrete things, it builds concepts and Ni and we manage our way through the world with these constructs or concepts. Things like personality type is one of my constructs and how to get along best with each person.
    Im out, its been fun

LOL. Good catch. I didn't think anyone would ever notice that. Seriously though, when I chose that name I wasn't even thinking of the words "peanut brittle". Nor was I thinking of the word "penis". I was going more for "the essence of an INTP". A few weeks after I signed up, I looked at the name and went

Yet another sensotard moment.
    LOL, I thought you had planned it to be funny this whole time... It always makes me giggle just a bit. Gotta love Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ti constructs are different in ISTP then they are in INTPs. TI constructs in ISTPs dont contain the detail of a couple electric guitars, a flute player, etc. Our constructs are very vague. as it builds Ni, not Si. It doesnt build concrete things, it builds concepts and Ni and we manage our way through the world with these constructs or concepts. Things like personality type is one of my constructs and how to get along best with each person.
    Poki!
    this is fascinating.... It would almost seem that TiNi would be exceptionally powerful computationally...This is a weird quetion but what happens if you stop looking outward with Se and only look inward with TiNi? Is that even possible? I dunno....

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Poki!
    this is fascinating.... It would almost seem that TiNi would be exceptionally powerful computationally...This is a weird quetion but what happens if you stop looking outward with Se and only look inward with TiNi? Is that even possible? I dunno....
    From the best I can tell. Everything has to start with something I take in through Se, but basically I run through the same thing over and over and over and over, thinking the same thoughts while the ideas from each one builds on each other and pull in other things that relate to whats been built in some form or fashion and it all just builds on that thought.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Dorothy - SJ(she wants to go home and return to the stability of her normal life)
    Scarecrow - NT(He wants a brain to become more efficient at his job)
    TinMan - NF(he wants a heart to better relate emotionally to those around him)
    Lion - SP(He wants courage to better be able to interact with his physical environment)

Your Mind Status:

[X]blown
    [ ]not blown
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Dorothy - SJ(she wants to go home and return to the stability of her normal life)
    Scarecrow - NT(He wants a brain to become more efficient at his job)
    TinMan - NF(he wants a heart to better relate emotionally to those around him)
    Lion - SP(He wants courage to better be able to interact with his physical environment)

Your Mind Status:

[X]blown
    [ ]not blown
    Scarecrow - since he's brainless, he's definitely NOT an NT. He is some other type who wants what NT's have and what his type lacks.

Tin Man - If he's heartless, then he can't be NF. He's probably NT and wants desperately to have some compassion.

Lion - he's timid and lacks courage, so he's not SP.

You had it backwards. They all want the very thing that their personalities lack, so that they will be more well-rounded. If I wanted better social skills, that would make me an INTP, not an ESTJ.

Your mind status:

[ ] the same as before you read this post
    [x] something similar to inhaling a can of wood polish
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Scarecrow - since he's brainless, he's definitely NOT an NT. He is some other type who wants what NT's have and what his type lacks.

Tin Man - If he's heartless, then he can't be NF. He's probably NT and wants desperately to have some compassion.

Lion - he's timid and lacks courage, so he's not SP.

You had it backwards. They all want the very thing that their personalities lack, so that they will be more well-rounded. If I wanted better social skills, that would make me an INTP, not an ESTJ.

Your mind status:

[ ] the same as before you read this post
    [x] something similar to inhaling a can of wood polish
    Yeah, but didn't they find out at the end that they each already had what they had sought all along?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, but didn't they find out at the end that they each already had what they had sought all along?
    Mind status?

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Mind status?
    [x] Something similar to inhaling a can of wood polish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    [x] Something similar to inhaling a can of wood polish.
    LOL. Seriously though, I don't remember the ending. It's been so many years since I watched that movie. I think I was just a kid.

I guess if they already had those things, I'd still hold on to my argument. I mean, if you could go see a wizard and ask for anything, would you ask him for more of what you're already good at (like an NT asking for a brain or an NF asking for a heart)? Or would the NT be the one asking for a heart (the area that he's NOT so good at)?

I feel like my mind is my best attribute, so I would want something that I know I'm lacking.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

LOL. Seriously though, I don't remember the ending. It's been so many years since I watched that movie. I think I was just a kid.

I guess if they already had those things, I'd still hold on to my argument. I mean, if you could go see a wizard and ask for anything, would you ask him for more of what you're already good at (like an NT asking for a brain or an NF asking for a heart)? Or would the NT be the one asking for a heart (the area that he's NOT so good at)?

I feel like my mind is my best attribute, so I would want something that I know I'm lacking.
    Well, I'm thinking of it like a video game. Once you choose your character's primary skill sets (usually by virtue of selecting a certain class or race), you want to keep adding points to that set. You don't want to add points willy nilly to other areas in which your character is not specializing, and at which your character will probably never be the best.