User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Hypochondria, how wonderfully irrational. Truly the hallmark of being human. I only fear that a similar compulsion may overtake me, one day.

MBTI
    ENTP

Irrational yet it feels so real when it enters your consciousness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I definitely have a problem with this. I blame WebMD and their interactive 'symptom checker.'

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoni View Post
    I definitely have a problem with this. I blame WebMD and their interactive 'symptom checker.'
    Yeah, my therapist ordered me to stay away from that.

Mine was really bad after I had my daughter, therapist said it was a form of OCD but without the physical compulsions. Checking webmd was baaad. Think it had to do with having my daughter and thinking what would happen to her if I croaked.

Therapist said only the highly intelligent were likely to think this way too

I can still have bouts of it, but as soon as I start to think I go to somewhere else to get my mind out of that thought pattern.
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    ...therapist said it was a form of OCD but without the physical compulsions.
    That makes sense. I have moderate OCD, too. It got so bad for me that I would make huge lists to go over when I went to the doctors office, and I would be annoyed and unsure about their competence if they didn't bring these concerns up first based on my symptoms. I just need to let the doctor do her job. lol

I still visit that site, though... it's still pretty informative and interesting to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

I have OCD too, pure O. Though it doesn't bother me that much, actually people can live like this all their lives never thinking something's wrong with them. But when I get stressed and I don't sleep, my hypochondria and OCD kick in, and after that I get depressed. So it sucks big time.

OCD and hypochondria are closely related. Because if you get obsessed about an illness you will do irrational things to relieve you of the anxiety. I checked for about 2 days symptoms and everything... I actually thought I was bipolar. Then it passed, now it seems silly. But...during the obsession period...it felt so real.

Also I read the article about Si (thanks for the link) and it's pretty awesome.
    My solution to that is doing sports (rent a bike, go to the gym, run, or just take long walks with someone). Whenever I get very introverted, very obsessive and everything I do that and I start feeling better. Also you need to sleep enough. Sleep deprivation sucks even more if you get obsessive.

My introverted moments are kinda cute, I get to see another perspective and it's interesting...I like them.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I'm more obsessed with germs, parasites and contagious diseases. It's to the point where if I see someone violently coughing or displaying other syptoms of said disease/parasite, I will shy away from them and protect my orifices. I normally carry around lysol, hand sanitizer and frequently wash my hands. Yes it's only 99.99% effective, but that's better than nothing at all.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    ENTP

And isn't it stress related? Don't you worry even more when you are stressed?

The O in the OCD can be about pretty much anything, from slightly irrational to very irrational. It depends.

Also have you tried exposure to your ocd fears? Do they reduce if you do that? ...I guess it's not that simple ....but it kinda worked for me.