User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTPs and feeling uncomfortable

Okay, a while ago I posted to ask how to tell if an INTP likes you because I have feelings for one. Unfortunately so far I've seen few signs. I still want to ask her out.

Basically here is the thing. She is my close friend, there is another guy she refers to as her best friend, but he doesn't seemto spend much time with her. Anyway, we get along really well and I just love being with her. I stayed behind after school today until her parents arrived to pick her up (which took about 45 minutes) and it was the happiest I've been in a while. I'm really thinking of telling her my feelings but I'm worried that if I am rejected, it may hinder the friendship and it may become awkward. I want to know whether INTPs handle this sort of thing well and if it's likely to cause a problem. On my side I would be embarrassed for a while but I would still want the friendship to stay strong and wouldn't let it get in the way. Would an INTP be able to continue on as if it never happened?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't think this is really type-relevant. As long as you don't freak out about it she'll probably be nonchalant.

IME, guys handle rejection less well than girls handle unwelcome attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah your bigger problem is that you are in the dreaded "friend zone"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

I can live with friend zone. I still hope she likes me back but in case she doesn't I just want to know if she's likely to keep me in the friend zone or steer clear of my presence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Thats a tricky question. If you make a bona fide "ladder hop" and fall short then she may feel awkward.

I suggest seeing if you can warm up her "buying temperature" before you make the hop.

Work on raising your value in her eyes and paying attention to what gets her rocks off. Get out of your head and into hers. What is her "victim type" and what is your "seducer type". Build up the congruency in your "seducer type" (seductive archetype) and poke holes into what revs her engine (pay attention to detail of what turns her on).

A good model for this type of long term seduction is "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene.

However, it sounds like you have "oneitis" and that is almost a death knell. Prolly the best is to first practice on other women and then when you acquire some skill and objectivity and inner game and then try it out on her.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Whatever you decide to do, ignore spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Thats a tricky question. If you make a bona fide "ladder hop" and fall short then she may feel awkward.

I suggest seeing if you can warm up her "buying temperature" before you make the hop.

Work on raising your value in her eyes and paying attention to what gets her rocks off. Get out of your head and into hers. What is her "victim type" and what is your "seducer type". Build up the congruency in your "seducer type" (seductive archetype) and poke holes into what revs her engine (pay attention to detail of what turns her on).

A good model for this type of long term seduction is "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene.

However, it sounds like you have "oneitis" and that is almost a death knell. Prolly the best is to first practice on other women and then when you acquire some skill and objectivity and inner game and then try it out on her.
    Are you trying to tell me that an INTP can be seduced? And that an INTJ is capable of seduction?

ReflecTcelfeR

Then you press x,z,x,y,down,right,right,up and bam! You're there .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

"Are you trying to tell me that an INTP can be seduced? And that an INTJ is capable of seduction?"
    ^

Do you know where she is in her life? Will she able to reciprocate feelings if she does have them?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that an INTP can be seduced? And that an INTJ is capable of seduction?
    Yes. I believe INTPs can be the most seduced and that INTJs can use their strengths to be great seducers. Robert Greene the author of the book The Art of Seduction is an INTJ himself so the format is perfect for INTJs. "Indirect game" (v.s. direct game) works best on INTPs.

P.S. Never admit you are seducing her. Women in general don't seem to like the idea their feelings/values are being manipulated.