User Tag List

First 345

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    yep, we just tend to reciprocate.

An INTP is pretty much the easiest type to have an infatuation with. We won't mind you making hte move, will tell you openly so if the attraction is mutual if you ask us, and if it isn't we won't be "wierd" afterwards unless you are.

So just tell her goodgrief, if she is INTP she will prob give you a truthful answer and it prob won't be a problem unless you make it one.
    I don't really know about that. It may be easy to have an infatuation with us, but getting us to a) figure it out and b) figure out what to do with that information can be a bizarre and confusing experience.

Exhibit A:

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post

Ok. So..let me get this straight.

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.

I don't know what to do with this. Also, I think my head might explode.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't really know about that. It may be easy to have an infatuation with us, but getting us to a) figure it out and b) figure out what to do with that information can be a bizarre and confusing experience.

Exhibit A:
    Well someone tells us they like us in plain English/Spanish/Swahili, we respond with a yes or a (convoluted) no. What could be simpler?

Of course the complications come when the other person complicates it.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Well someone tells us they like us in plain English/Spanish/Swahili, we respond with a yes or a (convoluted) no. What could be simpler?

Of course the complications come when the other person complicates it.
    TBH I'd have to think about my answer for a while, if it were to ever happen to me again, haha. I was so blindsided by my current SO's original interest I just said "okay" and figured if I ended up not liking her I'd tell her later. Luckily, didn't have to do that!

MBTI
    INTJ

yep, we just tend to reciprocate.

An INTP is pretty much the easiest type to have an infatuation with.
    Well it may be an infatuation but it's totally justified. She is very awesome!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    TBH I'd have to think about my answer for a while, if it were to ever happen to me again, haha. I was so blindsided by my current SO's original interest I just said "okay" and figured if I ended up not liking her I'd tell her later. Luckily, didn't have to do that!
    heh, fair enough. You could be right actually, I guess if we had no idea it was coming this could happen. My reasoning was though that the INTP girl in question probably has some idea...

Goodgrief - I didn't mean anything bad by saying infatuation. Maybe the word in the US has negative connotations I don't know about...
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Also Re the whole Robert Greene thing - my advice is ignore it. It's based on strategies for "power". But power-brokers rise to the top by crushing all around them, and then are eventually ruined when they exhaust the bases of their power. This is why 99% of political careers are characterized by betrayal and end in failure.

Most people don't aim for their life to take this course and therefore theories of "Power and Seduction" aren't really of much use to them.
    Well said.
    It's an interesting book, nontheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Goodgrief - I didn't mean anything bad by saying infatuation. Maybe the word in the US has negative connotations I don't know about...
    Well I'm actually in Australia, but yeah. When people say 'infatuation' in my experience it connotates like over the top, excessive and beyond what is deserved.

But I guess that's subjective anyway. I'm sure not everyone sees her as this perfect (though I'm not under the impression she is perfect, just very great) so it kinda is infatuation to some degree. I would call it love but that would be getting ahead of myself, since I haven't actually had a romantic relationship to know for sure.

But God I love being around her. Especially when it was just me and her. We have a lot of chemistry.

/Rant that nobody else actually cares about