• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NPs and killer instinct

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
maybe in your mind you have it but how often does it translate into tangible results or does the Ne or Ni keep you lost forever trapped in your mind. Are you driving life or is life driving you? :workout::smile:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I regret to say that life is driving me. It's getting better though.

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Killer instinct? Like I want to kill someone? I don't want to kill anyone, not even my meanie manager. I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Killer instinct? Like I want to kill someone? I don't want to kill anyone, not even my meanie manager. I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Killer instinct = taking life by the horns (balls) and basically tearing it up (achieving your dreams with flying colors, conquering your fears, doing all the things you've always wanted to do, etc.).

Nothing to do with murder.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I love the incubus song too.

I have been pondering this question: Is it better to be absolutely certain and wrong or uncertain until the last possible minute you have to make a decision? On the one hand, you are being impulsive and reckless, but on the other hand, you are being a coward and wasting time. Isn't it better to be absolutely wrong and then move on instead of weighing all the outcomes and being so careful and tedious. I am always like this, on one hand, there is this perspective, but on the other hand, there's this...hmm...hmm...and on the third hand...

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love the incubus song too.

I have been pondering this question: Is it better to be absolutely certain and wrong or uncertain until the last possible minute you have to make a decision?

Uncertain until the last minute for sure. I NEVER want to be certain of ANYTHING, if I'm going to be wrong. I don't want to be wrong. That's not a good goal to have.

Wrong means you're going after the wrong things, pursuing and putting energy into things that don't matter. How unfortunate that would be!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
maybe in your mind you have it but how often does it translate into tangible results or does the Ne or Ni keep you lost forever trapped in your mind. Are you driving life or is life driving you? :workout::smile:

I drive life by letting it drive me. The best attack is no attack.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I go with the flow
I don't force anything
I prefer the adage: farm when its sunny, read when it rains

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You always have a chance of being completely wrong if you are completely certain, and I'm not one to play the odds, because I always strive to be at least a little right.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
When I have the right mind set I can use the NP excellently, like networking.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The way I see it, yall, is that you can work as hard as you can and expect to receive something in return...and most of the time you do. Never ever do something half-assed, it'll end up coming back to bite you. But at the same time you need to be humble to the fact that there is a clear cutoff between what you can and can't control. Because there are things out of our reach that we haven't got shit on. To realize and surrender is something that I, personally, work on.

As I think about this whole concept, a song comes to mind.

Turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
It is not dying
It is not dying

Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

That you may see
The meaning of within
It is being
It is being

That love is all
And love is everyone
It is knowing
It is knowing

That ignorance and hate
May mourn the dead
It is believing
It is believing

But listen to the
color of your dreams
It is not living
It is not living

Or play the game
existence to the end
Of the beginning (x5)

Tomorrow Never Knows
The beatles

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only happens if you really *really* piss me off, or if I really *really* want something, so I forget all my little hang ups and insecurities.

Unfortunately, that also means that all the subtlety goes out the window and anyone in my way gets steamrolled.

Hence, I prefer not to do it.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Someone forgot to eat their breakfast today..

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I get stuck in my own head too much, and forget that I have control over some stuff that I'm too often willing to cast to chance. Sometimes I fool myself into thinking that imagining something has happened is as good as it actually happening.