• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What are Female INTPs like?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
It's hard to read INTP women...or INTPs in general. That blank stare and lack of body language.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
hilo and groovejet,

thanks so much, just a curiosity, not much intp females in full view ... or on television ... i think you guys sound really cool

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Inaccurate description. EXTERMINAAAAATE!
Statistically speaking, 3/100 men are INTP, 1/100 women are INTP. To procure the secondary ratio, INTP women must exist, therefore, your argument is invalid on the basis of stereotyping. Are you sure you're a T? Alternatively, if you're saying, "Like a Dream" then you're fantasizing or thinking of stereotypical xNFP

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Knowing what I am is hard, knowing how others see me is even harder.

I would imagine if you asked, though, you would get an array of seemingly conflicting responses.

To the girly-girls, I'm a straight up bitch or, at best, weird.

Others might say I'm combative (I tend to speak up when things are being done The Wrong Way) or cold and insensitive.

Still others see me as some rare and strangely attractive creature that's masculine in mind but very feminine externally (I dress the part; I like aesthetics).

I don't seek attention, it takes people effort and time to warm up to me, unless there is that rare instant connection.

I have my own interests and I follow them. I go places alone and it doesn't bother me.

I may be a P - this makes it hard for me to commit to things long-term - but I have my shit together.

I have been known to analyze things to death.

If a friend comes to me with a problem I have a bad habit of actually trying to solve it.

I also like to throw parties full of mixed social groups, read classic literature, paint, sing, garden, run, take pictures, sew, cook, watch football, and conduct research in theoretical physics. I'm interested in everything.

Don't know if that is what you were looking for.

I think I'm in love... lol

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think I'm in love... lol

No. Turn back now before the rising water consumes you.
It's neck-high already.

Believe nothing these INTP gypsy women tell you.
They will steal your soul with their crystal ball and use it to remain young forever.

Behind their dead eyes lies Satan.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Inaccurate description. EXTERMINAAAAATE!
Statistically speaking, 3/100 men are INTP, 1/100 women are INTP. To procure the secondary ratio, INTP women must exist, therefore, your argument is invalid on the basis of stereotyping. Are you sure you're a T? Alternatively, if you're saying, "Like a Dream" then you're fantasizing or thinking of stereotypical xNFP

Or perhaps different people have different dreams and notions of what they consider beautiful. Ever thought of that? Sounds like you're the one stereotyping ;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's with all the drama queens in this thread? In fact, why is it every thread about INTP women ends up getting spammed by dudes with their panties in a bunch?

Would you like to share your tale of woe with the group?
No? Then STFU.

Kthkx. :coffee:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Allow me to correct that.

What's with all the drama queens in this thread? In fact, why is it every thread about INTP women ends up getting spammed by dudes with their panties in a bunch?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Like hilo, I am not sure how I come across to others, and I can relate to a lot of what she said.

I have always balked against social or job-related hierarchies, like being expected to kiss someone's butt because they were "over" me, and I have always resented being hired to do a job, and then having to pick up someone's dry cleaning or address their daughter's bat mitzvah invitations, or whatever.

I spend most of my free time just thinking about stuff or reading non-fiction, trying to learn everything I can about a variety of subjects. I don't remember it all, but I remember the gist of it, and where to find it when I need to come back to it.

I don't seek attention except for this fraction of my personality that likes performing. I've always acted and played music, and I do like being in front of a crowd--however, I don't really have the "ham" gene. I would make a terrible reality show contestant, because I have no idea how to ham it up and create drama. I hate drama and will go to great lengths to avoid it and the people who cause it.

I hate fake, catty or manipulative people, and rather than engage them or try to put them in their places, I just don't acknowledge them at all. Sometimes this gets me branded as a snob.

I tend not to engage people I don't have a lot in common with. Small talk is exhausting and unfulfilling. This also gets me branded as a snob.

Over the years, I learned to smile more and make more small talk to get people off my back. This still comes back to bite me in the butt because people fail to realize I'm an introvert and get offended when I don't want to hang out after work or talk about the Real Housewives of Whatever for hours or friend them on Facebook.

I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood. But mostly, I just buy a handful of clothes that look good on me and wear the heck out of those. I don't have the patience to put together a whole new outfit everyday, figure out what shoes and accessories to wear, etc. I'm more like the whole Jackie O/Katharine Hepburn thing of "find what looks great on you and wear it all the time." However, being feminine in dress leads me to attract guys who think I'm going to be more girly, and I don't respond to the typical plays guys make for girly-girls, and being complimented on my looks, while flattering, isn't the key to my heart.

I don't date a lot because being my myself is much more pleasant than being with someone I don't click with and have to entertain. This leads people to assume that either there is something wrong with me or that I'm gay. Neither is the case, but I don't really care what people assume. I have to have someone that I have major sparks and a connection with, or it's almost impossible for me to come out of my own head to engage. This is a rare event--has only happened a few times. Dating is just a hassle unless there's a big motivator.

My F friends seem to find me a calming presence.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ I agree with a lot of that.

I would make a terrible reality show contestant, because I have no idea how to ham it up and create drama. I hate drama and will go to great lengths to avoid it and the people who cause it.

Ah me too. My ex esfp friend was so dramatic and caused endless drama just to talk about it with other people. I enjoy it if it is amusing, but most of it was just annoying. She'd talk and I'd listen, mostly, it was good for me to get out of my head.

I hate fake, catty or manipulative people, and rather than engage them or try to put them in their places, I just don't acknowledge them at all. Sometimes this gets me branded as a snob.

Ah yes! One time, my esfp friend was heartbroken over this guy and I went to the next town at midnight! to comfort her and be a friend. It ended up being her, me and a bunch of her friends and they started being extremely catty and gossiping about this other unfortunate girl. And it made me want to scratch my eyes out. She called me a loner all the time, but I enjoy it rather than spend hours listening to a bunch of people yap like idiots.

I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood. But mostly, I just buy a handful of clothes that look good on me and wear the heck out of those. I don't have the patience to put together a whole new outfit everyday, figure out what shoes and accessories to wear, etc.

Yes, me too! I like being girly, but not over board. I enjoy jeans and a black tank top, I feel the most comfortable in those and it is still 'feminine' enough. Honestly, I wish I was one of those girls who just wake up and look magnificent, instead I have to fuss over my hair and my face to look somewhat decent. It is tiresome, but I do it more because I have to, not because I want to.

I have to have someone that I have major sparks and a connection with, or it's almost impossible for me to come out of my own head to engage. This is a rare event--has only happened a few times. Dating is just a hassle unless there's a big motivator.

People assume I want to get married real soon but ALL I want is a strong connection and motivator for getting to know the other person more. Who said I wanted to get married ANY time soon? Geez, it's not like I am asking for perfection, just sincerity, like that's a lot to ask for. ;)

Thanks for posting; that was really informative. I'd like an intp girl friend. But my istj girl friend is pretty good with being as critical as I am about today's youth. Hahaha. Jk.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

Would you like to share your tale of woe with the group?
No? Then STFU.

Kthkx. :coffee:

One time, there was an INTP that made fun of me. So now I'm butthurt and hate on them.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Um, they are pretty much like male INTPs, but with curves :tongue:

(It is hard to get much more specific than that without long case studies... but I will eventually supply information about me if it will help people understand us rare creatures...)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
they're like this
1145070015f8up.jpg

do want

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Still others see me as some rare and strangely attractive creature that's masculine in mind but very feminine externally (I dress the part; I like aesthetics)..

I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood.

Yes, me too! I like being girly, but not over board. I enjoy jeans and a black tank top, I feel the most comfortable in those and it is still 'feminine' enough.

huh.
interesting as i can't quite relate. i don't like looking feminine or cute or conventional. i tend to be a low-key kind of punk, i think, or so i've been told.
i hardly wear makeup because it feels like im giving into insecurity.
i refuse to wear sexuality which puts me at odds with everyone who wants me to dress "like a girl" because girls are meant to be looked at, apparently.

i'm quite liking all these descriptions by the way. continue.

Last edited:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
The female INTP I know just wears T-shirts and jeans most of the time.