First 23456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Allow me to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    What's with all the drama queens in this thread? In fact, why is it every thread about INTP women ends up getting spammed by dudes with their panties in a bunch?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

Like hilo, I am not sure how I come across to others, and I can relate to a lot of what she said.

I have always balked against social or job-related hierarchies, like being expected to kiss someone's butt because they were "over" me, and I have always resented being hired to do a job, and then having to pick up someone's dry cleaning or address their daughter's bat mitzvah invitations, or whatever.

I spend most of my free time just thinking about stuff or reading non-fiction, trying to learn everything I can about a variety of subjects. I don't remember it all, but I remember the gist of it, and where to find it when I need to come back to it.

I don't seek attention except for this fraction of my personality that likes performing. I've always acted and played music, and I do like being in front of a crowd--however, I don't really have the "ham" gene. I would make a terrible reality show contestant, because I have no idea how to ham it up and create drama. I hate drama and will go to great lengths to avoid it and the people who cause it.

I hate fake, catty or manipulative people, and rather than engage them or try to put them in their places, I just don't acknowledge them at all. Sometimes this gets me branded as a snob.

I tend not to engage people I don't have a lot in common with. Small talk is exhausting and unfulfilling. This also gets me branded as a snob.

Over the years, I learned to smile more and make more small talk to get people off my back. This still comes back to bite me in the butt because people fail to realize I'm an introvert and get offended when I don't want to hang out after work or talk about the Real Housewives of Whatever for hours or friend them on Facebook.

I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood. But mostly, I just buy a handful of clothes that look good on me and wear the heck out of those. I don't have the patience to put together a whole new outfit everyday, figure out what shoes and accessories to wear, etc. I'm more like the whole Jackie O/Katharine Hepburn thing of "find what looks great on you and wear it all the time." However, being feminine in dress leads me to attract guys who think I'm going to be more girly, and I don't respond to the typical plays guys make for girly-girls, and being complimented on my looks, while flattering, isn't the key to my heart.

I don't date a lot because being my myself is much more pleasant than being with someone I don't click with and have to entertain. This leads people to assume that either there is something wrong with me or that I'm gay. Neither is the case, but I don't really care what people assume. I have to have someone that I have major sparks and a connection with, or it's almost impossible for me to come out of my own head to engage. This is a rare event--has only happened a few times. Dating is just a hassle unless there's a big motivator.

My F friends seem to find me a calming presence.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ I agree with a lot of that.

I would make a terrible reality show contestant, because I have no idea how to ham it up and create drama. I hate drama and will go to great lengths to avoid it and the people who cause it.
    Ah me too. My ex esfp friend was so dramatic and caused endless drama just to talk about it with other people. I enjoy it if it is amusing, but most of it was just annoying. She'd talk and I'd listen, mostly, it was good for me to get out of my head.

I hate fake, catty or manipulative people, and rather than engage them or try to put them in their places, I just don't acknowledge them at all. Sometimes this gets me branded as a snob.
    Ah yes! One time, my esfp friend was heartbroken over this guy and I went to the next town at midnight! to comfort her and be a friend. It ended up being her, me and a bunch of her friends and they started being extremely catty and gossiping about this other unfortunate girl. And it made me want to scratch my eyes out. She called me a loner all the time, but I enjoy it rather than spend hours listening to a bunch of people yap like idiots.

I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood. But mostly, I just buy a handful of clothes that look good on me and wear the heck out of those. I don't have the patience to put together a whole new outfit everyday, figure out what shoes and accessories to wear, etc.
    Yes, me too! I like being girly, but not over board. I enjoy jeans and a black tank top, I feel the most comfortable in those and it is still 'feminine' enough. Honestly, I wish I was one of those girls who just wake up and look magnificent, instead I have to fuss over my hair and my face to look somewhat decent. It is tiresome, but I do it more because I have to, not because I want to.

I have to have someone that I have major sparks and a connection with, or it's almost impossible for me to come out of my own head to engage. This is a rare event--has only happened a few times. Dating is just a hassle unless there's a big motivator.
    People assume I want to get married real soon but ALL I want is a strong connection and motivator for getting to know the other person more. Who said I wanted to get married ANY time soon? Geez, it's not like I am asking for perfection, just sincerity, like that's a lot to ask for.

Thanks for posting; that was really informative. I'd like an intp girl friend. But my istj girl friend is pretty good with being as critical as I am about today's youth. Hahaha. Jk.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    What's with all the drama queens in this thread? In fact, why is it every thread about INTP women ends up getting spammed by dudes with their panties in a bunch?

Would you like to share your tale of woe with the group?
    No? Then STFU.

Kthkx.
    One time, there was an INTP that made fun of me. So now I'm butthurt and hate on them.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Um, they are pretty much like male INTPs, but with curves

(It is hard to get much more specific than that without long case studies... but I will eventually supply information about me if it will help people understand us rare creatures...)

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

they make really good sammiches
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

they're like this

do want

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    Still others see me as some rare and strangely attractive creature that's masculine in mind but very feminine externally (I dress the part; I like aesthetics)..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm pretty feminine in dress and style, and I like to wear cute clothes and play around with hair and makeup when I'm in the mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Yes, me too! I like being girly, but not over board. I enjoy jeans and a black tank top, I feel the most comfortable in those and it is still 'feminine' enough.
    huh.
    interesting as i can't quite relate. i don't like looking feminine or cute or conventional. i tend to be a low-key kind of punk, i think, or so i've been told.
    i hardly wear makeup because it feels like im giving into insecurity.
    i refuse to wear sexuality which puts me at odds with everyone who wants me to dress "like a girl" because girls are meant to be looked at, apparently.

i'm quite liking all these descriptions by the way. continue.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 05-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ

The female INTP I know just wears T-shirts and jeans most of the time.