• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] TV characters types

sclimada

MBTI Type
INTP
What do you guys think the characters on Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends are? This is what I think...

ELR:
Ray = ISTP
Debra = ENFJ
Frank = ISTJ
Marie = ESFJ
Robert = INFJ

Friends:
Ross = INFJ
Chandler = ENTP
Joey = ESFP
Phoebe = ENFP
Rachel = ESFP or ESTP
Monica = ESFJ

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never seen Raymond, but I think the Friends ones are pretty accurate. Chandler MIGHT be an I though and maybe an F, and Monica might be a T. Apart from that, I think you've got it pretty close.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phoebe's a blatant ESFP. Joey is ESTP, and Rachel I think is ENFP.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
And Phoebie is definitely more N than her, be she S or otherwise.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Joey is an actor, classic ESFP.
Rachel is full of feelings and does some pretty irrational things. She also loves gossip. I'd say ESFP for her, too.
I identify a lot with Chandler. I'd say he's probably INTP or less likely ISTP. He doesn't have very many friends.
Monica screams SJ... ISFJ or ESFJ. She seems to get into her alone time when she's being anal about cleaning.
Phoebe is prolly ENFP. A big heart, totally kooky, she wants peace and happiness and all that is good.
Ross has lots of feelings, mediocre-to-crappy social skills outside of his comfort zone, he likes order in his world, he cares about things that are of interest to no one else...INFJ?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Chandler may come off as introverted but let's look at his functions. He is definitely leading with Ne. Very witty, and makes great connections to reach for his sarcastic jokes. He's also a T, since he's so pretty awkward when it comes to "feelers". ENTP I'd say

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
did you skip the rest of that sentence where i said he comes up with the jokes based on his connections that others wouldn't normally make? ;)

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would still say INTP. He finds social situations quite awkward and doesn't like them that much, which is why he always gets nervous in them and jokes.
"Hi I'm Chandler. I make jokes when I'm nervous!"
And he'd still have Ne.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shy extrovert. Not that rare for an ENTP.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I read the whole post, tyvm. I still don't think he's an ENTP. I will admit, however, that I know 2 ENTPs and one of them isn't the most social E ever, but he's still not quite like the Chan Chan Man. He lives for making other people feel awkward, tho. Chandler isn't like that at all in social scenarios. He doesn't plan on making people feel weird. It just happens.

I'm pretty sure one reason Ms. Chanandaler Bong makes connections that wouldn't normally be made is because he does relative to his fairly stupid friends. I love the show and most of the characters, but they aren't really known for their brains.

The ENTPs I know are little social organizers when it comes down to it. They like for people to be around having a good time. Bing isn't like that either. He's usually at the party with other people, not the party planner with the group of friends. The more social ENTP I know makes friends or business connections like there's no tomorrow. His first impressions are usually very good. And Chandler talked about "duties" being "poo" during an interview...

Side note: I'd like to point out that he's very good with money. He had loads saved up when he and Monica were planning their wedding. And he kept his stats job for a long time.

capricorn009

Think it's pretty obvious Brain from Pinky and the Brain is an INTJ. Not really a movie, but I'm guessing Elphaba from Wicked would be an ENTJ, I'd guess INTJ, but even though she was inwardly focused, she always seemed to be in situations that put her around quite a few people even if she didn't seem that outgoing. The giveaway was that she was not a keep your head down and your mouth shut person. The difference was a little easy to tell since in the episodes where Brain has to save the world from someone that is a threat "so it is available to take over tomorrow" but he does most of
his work there behind the scenes and sometimes lets someone who's there in a moment
of convenience have the credit, even though he had skills, he was not able to work on
his own without Pinky in spite of his stupidity, Pinky saw the social side their plans req-
uired Brain was sometimes not able to, while Elphaba eventually feared no consequences
and continued on even though her only friend Glinda chose not to go into hiding as well.
Not that Elphaba really gave her the option because she knew she was getting herself
into something big, but she managed to get the aid of others...reclusive and mysterious
but could still draw people to her.