User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

I may get an idea, but need to exert some physical energy to put it in perspective. Not necessarily a hard workout, but a long quiet walk.

MBTI
    Intp

talking to myself is really helpful for developing difficult ideas. and releasing anger--sometimes I raise my voice and argue with myself when i'm sure no one else is within earshot. bar none, my best thinking requires dead silence.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I get ideas from lying down and talking to myself.

I also get good ideas when I play video games, because I'm a visually oriented kind of person.

Most of my ideas come to me when I’m listening to good music, or walking to some destination. A lot of them have also come from dreams, which may indicate that most of my ideas aren’t revolutionary practical things, but constructions and fantasies that only I can really use in some way. Like, when I’m making games, drawing, or writing.

Ew, now that I think about it, it’s been too long since I’ve had a truly tangible idea. Oh well... excessive mental masturbation isn't completely lame, right?

MBTI
    INTP

Walking, solitude, arguing from both sides of an issue, books(history, philosophy and literature) and films with a strong visual aesthetic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I just try not to take myself seriously. Like sometimes I wonder what if dogs were marsupials, for examples, and when I picture it in my head, I laugh. I also wonder what if a dog had a snake's body but a dog's head. Obviously, this seems like a goofy idea, but someday I could probably use it for something.

I like coming up with silly off-the-wall ideas not caring about practicality, but just because it's fun.

I also try to look at things from a different perspective. One day at work on Valentine's Day I observed that Valentine's Day was really a holiday about death (why else would an arrow be going through a heart?)

You'd be surprised how my coworkers got offended by this and thought I was weird. But I honestly didn't care; I just loved getting people's reactions.

MBTI
    ENTP

When I'm breathing, haha... or especially when I'm travelling and/or drunk. Sometimes they come so thick and fast it overwhelms me and I get depressed at how I won't be able to remember any of them, and at how most of them will never be realised.

MBTI
    INTP

For some reason, I get my best ideas in the shower. Often, solutions to sofware problems I have been pondering the previous day.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    For some reason, I get my best ideas in the shower. Often, solutions to sofware problems I have been pondering the previous day.
    I'll second that.

For me its one of the few places of genuine solitude, its so good infact that sometimes my showers stretch out to 30 mins. The same goes for the time in bed, before one falls asleep.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh yes, showers often do the trick, as long as the shower is clean and not clogged. I hate taking showers if there's a lot of mildew.

I'm also a movie buff and make up movies in my mind. Sometimes I'll see someone in a photo or someone walking in the street who catches my eye and then I'll do this casting call for the movies in my mind and imagine the person in a role.

Usually these people are seductive women that I imagine as femme fatales or just other guys who have a beautiful physique. (NO! I'm not gay.)