User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by hereandnow View Post
    The shower
    That's the problem, we don't have central heating - the water turn cold too quickly. Probably why my coffee maschine with a jumpstarter and gear box never made it into production.

Socionics
    SLI

Personally I lack creativity and have poor imagination so I kind of need other people to "guide me" or show me the way. My best ideas come from talking to other people, more specifically Ne ego types, where they somehow make me realize things I never though of before. A mind blowing experience. I absolutely love it. Oh, and taking other people's ideas and refining them. And ideas born out of necessity, like I have a problem and I need to overcome it so I'm forced to be creative. And interpreting observation, I notice something but can't explain it with current models and again I'm forced to be creative. Actually, those situations are where all of my ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Usually, I get them a while after I've thought some issue deeply. I'll be doing something mundane, like the laundry, and have a flash of insight.
    I'm the same way.
    I begin the thought process, throw it out to the universe, and damn if I don't get a sudden knock at the door of my brain with a message.

MBTI
    INTJ

When I'm sitting outside and thinking (possibly under the influence of a certain herb). Otherwise they happen if I'm thinking deeply into a subject I'm interested in.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    In what moments and how did you get your best ideas in life?
    By stuffing massive amounts of information in my head, then letting it all cross-pollinate... Works like a charm.
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder View Post
    By stuffing massive amounts of information in my head, then letting it all cross-pollinate... Works like a charm.
    Yeah, that works too. But long hot showers help the process. Sometimes.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

Ideas usually come to me when I am laying in bed at night in that stage where one isn't exactly awake or asleep; sort of that in between stage.

Other times I will wake up in the middle of the night and have such clarity of thought around something that I have to reach for my laptop and capture whatever was going on in my head before it escapes. I usually then find it hard to get back to sleep and find myself awake for hours trying to further clarify or make sense of my new idea.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    In what moments and how did you get your best ideas in life?

For me, I find that my best ideas came from moments of strong introspection. Being alone from time to time was important as it allowed me to envision possibilities more easily. Another way I got good ideas was simply through debating with people about things... to the point where I would feel an "a-ha" moment and things would get clear.
    In the past, the coolest Ni moments would come right before I would fall asleep, but generally I'd forget them.

Lately, when I'm alone just wondering, in the car, or good conversations that are low stress.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Everywhere and anywhere. Maybe even while being chased by a bear. I seem to always be thinking about things like this.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ

1.Asleep. I try to gather as much information as I can and/or examine the problem before bed. I often dream of the issue or suddenly wake up with the answer.

2. Reading poetry or listening to music. How that works, I don't know. It just works.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown