• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Alcohol and the NT

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you?

I'm an INTJ, and when drunk, I become one with the universe, rather than conquering it.

Have you tried any other mind-altering chems? What effects did they have?

---

Have you ever meditated on your death?

---

Have you ever seen an atom with your naked eye?

---

Have you ever felt completely unsatisfied after reaching a goal you had pursued for nearly a decade?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't like relinquishing control of my mind. The times I feel most embarrassed about and regret most is when my mind didn't seem to be my own. For that and some other reasons I don't really drink much. I'll have 1, MAYBE 2 over the course of an evening, but I don't get drunk anymore. The few times I tried it I tend to say things that should never be said and then get depressed and quiet. I'm actually much more sociable and giddy/hyper without alcohol :tongue:

An NT friend of mine is straight-edge. Has never had more than a drop of champagne etc and I doubt she'll change that any time soon.

Another INTP girl I know enjoys alcohol, and comes up with some really mad, hilarious schemes when she's drunk. It seems to help her seem less stand-off-ish around new people too.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you?

Honestly, even the smell of it makes me sick. I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life (even on my 21st birthday or when I took a trip to Germany), and I don't plan to. I don't want to relinquishing control of my mind, as Oeufa said.

An NT friend of mine is straight-edge. Has never had more than a drop of champagne etc and I doubt she'll change that any time soon.

I want to meet this girl - she sounds like my dream girl! :)

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Honestly, even the smell of it makes me sick. I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life (even on my 21st birthday or when I took a trip to Germany), and I don't plan to. I don't want to relinquishing control of my mind, as Oeufa said.

I've never had any either. I plan on getting absurdly drunk though. It will be a depressing and strange moment in my life.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP: Less inhibitions, less reserved, more chatty, more excitable, more emotive. Nothing that exciting really.

I don't get drunk easily and rarely lose the ability for logical reasoning (only happened twice, young + spirits + a challenge :rolli:) so if a crisis hits I come down straight away, it's more of a relaxant than anything. Never got into drugs as they never did anything for me, I like the taste of beer and wine which is why I drink.

As for the last question, as a P I have goals that I don't reach all the time, they change and morph and if they don't come into fruition then it means something else has my attention, if I do complete then they still have my attention which means they're a good thing and then I move on quickly to my next thing. It doesn't bother me much if I reach them or not. What can I say, at 30 I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Unique

I become a complete asshole

Hence I don't drink

After drinking for a long time in large amounts my personal humble opinion on it is that its a drug that sucks in mainstream no brained fuck wits

Not saying everyone that drinks is like that, just seems to be in the "lets get smashed" scene

Drink too much and you will do and say things that you never would normally do and not in a good way, its a highly aggressive drug second only to meth in terms of violence and general aggressiveness

Never had any kind of spiritual, intellectual or really any kind of apifiny from it, slows down the mind and body and makes you a loud obnoxious retard

I wish I could say at least some good for it hmm

Positives

Leaves the system quickly, easy to come off of (the liver is brilliant)
Can be done more often than other drugs due to the amazingness of the liver
It's legal and easy to get
You get to drink it in many different ways

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I become a complete asshole

Hence I don't drink

After drinking for a long time in large amounts my personal humble opinion on it is that its a drug that sucks in mainstream no brained fuck wits

Not saying everyone that drinks is like that, just seems to be in the "lets get smashed" scene

Drink too much and you will do and say things that you never would normally do and not in a good way, its a highly aggressive drug second only to meth in terms of violence and general aggressiveness

Never had any kind of spiritual, intellectual or really any kind of apifiny from it, slows down the mind and body and makes you a loud obnoxious retard

Kudos++

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I read somewhere that INTJs were supposedly very likely to become alcoholic, but I wouldn't touch the stuff.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Drank with an INTJ who is bordering on alcoholic. Not a pleasent experience, very rude.

Drank with an ENTJ (last week) had an excellent time but doesn't like me saying no to more drinks .. Gentleman as he walked me to the bus-stop (i was swaying alot, lol) and even offered to take me home :wubbie:

Want to drink with an ENTP but he lives in Greece .. Think i would have to write a disclaimer to the local police authority stating i am not accountable for my actions as this bloke loves to drink and get himself into predicaments.
My cup of tea. Sounds like fun.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My death meditations come mostly in sobriety.

The idea of seeing an atom with my naked eye stuck me as immediately absurd, regardless of state.

I was in 6th grade a decade ago, so the goals I had then were mostly about Middle School being tolerable. Well, at least I survived.

BREVITY!

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ - but I don't drink so I've never had any effects from alcohol. I stay away from all drugs too so nothing there either.

I typically find other ways to relax that mostly involve developing a new skill or learning a new hobby.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I become more rude and funny (Ne-Fe loop) and a bit more aggressive. Or I may just fall asleep.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Another INTP girl I know enjoys alcohol, and comes up with some really mad, hilarious schemes when she's drunk. It seems to help her seem less stand-off-ish around new people too.

I have never been in danger of becoming an alcoholic, but I have enjoyed my time partying and getting drunk, especially in college. This quote about your friend is accurate.

Alcohol makes me much more friendly and willing to "engage" people. I also tend to come up with with funny practical jokes and/or ridiculous things to do (games, etc). Drinking makes me more "enthusiastic" when sober I would not be so inclined to embrace such silliness.

However, I also find that I have extremely high tolerance (meaning psychological ability to counter alcohol's effects), and I absolutely don't like to drink to the point where it shows (any kind of physical problems, slurring, walking, etc.). I need to be in complete control of my appearance and actions, while I do allow a bit of "opening up" of my personality.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just become more annoying/entertaining than usual.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I just get really stereotypically drunk. I do become passive rather than aggressive though.

As for the other mind altering chems question, yes I have, lots of times, with different results depending on the type of chem.

I have never meditated on my death. I don't know what you mean by it.

I have, I'm seeing countless atoms right now.

I can't remember committing to something for that long, so no.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I get less anxious, more enthusiastic, more giddy, and just all around more social. Alcohol seems to bring out my Fe big time, and my friends have commented on how it makes me act "charming."

I also have a very high tolerance, and I never lose the ability to reason coherently. I black out long before that ever happens.

I'm surprised so many of you have not drank/refuse to drink. I actually kind of enjoy the effects (as long as I restrain myself so as not to feel the bad effects later on.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get much out of alcohol. It's a depressant and I don't really need that since I'm rarely bouncing off the ceiling.
I'm actually much more sociable and giddy/hyper without alcohol
This.

I also have a very high tolerance, and I never lose the ability to reason coherently. I black out long before that ever happens.
And this.

veins

For me, it's less that I don't enjoy it, and more that I have rather low tolerance for it. The one time I did get inebriated, I lost all sense of rationale and logic. It left me rather regretful the next day as I found out that I trashed my camera somehow. I mostly drink for the taste, but the added buzz can be a nice bonus in that I do end up friendlier and more open, and thus sociable. Hard liquor isn't for me though. One shot wastes me.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I want to meet this girl - she sounds like my dream girl! :)

She's amazingly super-talented. She's like my favourite person in the world. If I wasn't straight.... ;) :tongue:

hilo said:
I have never been in danger of becoming an alcoholic, but I have enjoyed my time partying and getting drunk, especially in college. This quote about your friend is accurate.

Alcohol makes me much more friendly and willing to "engage" people. I also tend to come up with with funny practical jokes and/or ridiculous things to do (games, etc). Drinking makes me more "enthusiastic" when sober I would not be so inclined to embrace such silliness.

However, I also find that I have extremely high tolerance (meaning psychological ability to counter alcohol's effects), and I absolutely don't like to drink to the point where it shows (any kind of physical problems, slurring, walking, etc.). I need to be in complete control of my appearance and actions, while I do allow a bit of "opening up" of my personality.

I embrace silliness when I'm sober and I'm usually quite chatty and willing to engage with people without drink (especially when the others around me are very open and friendly). I don't have a good tolerance to drink though (I'm only 5ft 2") and there's a history of alcoholism in my family so I prefer not to drink. On a night out I might have one over the course of the evening, as I find people don't bother me or try to force drink down my gullet if there's already one in my hand. Besides, I like the tase of cider :tongue:.