User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Alcohol and the NT

What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you?

I'm an INTJ, and when drunk, I become one with the universe, rather than conquering it.

Have you tried any other mind-altering chems? What effects did they have?

---

Have you ever meditated on your death?

---

Have you ever seen an atom with your naked eye?

---

Have you ever felt completely unsatisfied after reaching a goal you had pursued for nearly a decade?

MBTI
    INTP

I don't like relinquishing control of my mind. The times I feel most embarrassed about and regret most is when my mind didn't seem to be my own. For that and some other reasons I don't really drink much. I'll have 1, MAYBE 2 over the course of an evening, but I don't get drunk anymore. The few times I tried it I tend to say things that should never be said and then get depressed and quiet. I'm actually much more sociable and giddy/hyper without alcohol

An NT friend of mine is straight-edge. Has never had more than a drop of champagne etc and I doubt she'll change that any time soon.

Another INTP girl I know enjoys alcohol, and comes up with some really mad, hilarious schemes when she's drunk. It seems to help her seem less stand-off-ish around new people too.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you?
    Honestly, even the smell of it makes me sick. I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life (even on my 21st birthday or when I took a trip to Germany), and I don't plan to. I don't want to relinquishing control of my mind, as Oeufa said.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    An NT friend of mine is straight-edge. Has never had more than a drop of champagne etc and I doubt she'll change that any time soon.
    I want to meet this girl - she sounds like my dream girl!

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    Honestly, even the smell of it makes me sick. I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life (even on my 21st birthday or when I took a trip to Germany), and I don't plan to. I don't want to relinquishing control of my mind, as Oeufa said.
    I've never had any either. I plan on getting absurdly drunk though. It will be a depressing and strange moment in my life.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

ENTP: Less inhibitions, less reserved, more chatty, more excitable, more emotive. Nothing that exciting really.

I don't get drunk easily and rarely lose the ability for logical reasoning (only happened twice, young + spirits + a challenge :rolli so if a crisis hits I come down straight away, it's more of a relaxant than anything. Never got into drugs as they never did anything for me, I like the taste of beer and wine which is why I drink.

As for the last question, as a P I have goals that I don't reach all the time, they change and morph and if they don't come into fruition then it means something else has my attention, if I do complete then they still have my attention which means they're a good thing and then I move on quickly to my next thing. It doesn't bother me much if I reach them or not. What can I say, at 30 I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I become a complete asshole

Hence I don't drink

After drinking for a long time in large amounts my personal humble opinion on it is that its a drug that sucks in mainstream no brained fuck wits

Not saying everyone that drinks is like that, just seems to be in the "lets get smashed" scene

Drink too much and you will do and say things that you never would normally do and not in a good way, its a highly aggressive drug second only to meth in terms of violence and general aggressiveness

Never had any kind of spiritual, intellectual or really any kind of apifiny from it, slows down the mind and body and makes you a loud obnoxious retard

I wish I could say at least some good for it hmm

Positives

Leaves the system quickly, easy to come off of (the liver is brilliant)
    Can be done more often than other drugs due to the amazingness of the liver
    It's legal and easy to get
    You get to drink it in many different ways

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I become a complete asshole

Hence I don't drink

After drinking for a long time in large amounts my personal humble opinion on it is that its a drug that sucks in mainstream no brained fuck wits

Not saying everyone that drinks is like that, just seems to be in the "lets get smashed" scene

Drink too much and you will do and say things that you never would normally do and not in a good way, its a highly aggressive drug second only to meth in terms of violence and general aggressiveness

Never had any kind of spiritual, intellectual or really any kind of apifiny from it, slows down the mind and body and makes you a loud obnoxious retard
    Kudos++

MBTI
    INTJ

I read somewhere that INTJs were supposedly very likely to become alcoholic, but I wouldn't touch the stuff.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Drank with an INTJ who is bordering on alcoholic. Not a pleasent experience, very rude.

Drank with an ENTJ (last week) had an excellent time but doesn't like me saying no to more drinks .. Gentleman as he walked me to the bus-stop (i was swaying alot, lol) and even offered to take me home

Want to drink with an ENTP but he lives in Greece .. Think i would have to write a disclaimer to the local police authority stating i am not accountable for my actions as this bloke loves to drink and get himself into predicaments.
    My cup of tea. Sounds like fun.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My death meditations come mostly in sobriety.

The idea of seeing an atom with my naked eye stuck me as immediately absurd, regardless of state.

I was in 6th grade a decade ago, so the goals I had then were mostly about Middle School being tolerable. Well, at least I survived.

BREVITY!
    Does he want a pillow for his head?