• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Alcohol and the NT

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get chatty most of the time, and I can go crazy and have fun until I sober up and realize how much of a serious dork I've been... However, sometimes I get SUPER impatient, I loose it because nothing hurries the f^^k up, grrr.

Square Circle

MBTI Type
INTP
I get chatty most of the time, and I can go crazy and have fun until I sober up and realize how much of a serious dork I've been...

I'm pretty much the same whilst drunk, but I've stopped drinking, as I have a tendency to go too far and offend people.

Lark

Alcohol doesnt make me insensible like it does other people, it doesnt give me "permission" to act in any way I wouldnt when I was sober and I'm as wakeful, watchful and mindful as other times. As a result I dont drink much.

Although if I drink too much my mind can play tricks on me and my mood takes over, which is another reason I dont drink much either.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
After enough alcohol, and after my brain function is diminished... I turn into an ENTP. And by 4 am, for a brief period, ESTP, and I pass out soon after that.

And then I wake up the next day with a headache and pissed off, and I'm an INTJ.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm indifferent. I'm old enough to drink it in my country, so the accessibility of it doesn't motivate me. I can get it any time I like, I'll know where to find it, so... yeah. I don't don't that often. Every so often I'll drink about 3 - 4 units (a glass of wine, or a bottle of Kopparberg). This is enough for me to feel the effects, without being totally out of control, or have a hangover the next day. When I'm under the influence, I'm kind of boring. I'm more talkative open about myself. It dulls my inner critic, who usually says, "Don't say that, you'll look like an idiot". Which makes sense, considering alcohol apparently loosens your inhibitions. But overall, I'm not much of a drinker. Caffeine, on the other hand...

VitaB

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have taken a long route experimenting with all different types of mind altering substances.
I can say that they took over me for the longest time, I abused them and it was pretty nasty.
Now I have matured, and I use them.

I'm an ENTP.

Alcohol makes me hate people less.

Weed is only good for me if I focus on using my Ti.

Acid expands my mind.

Mushrooms expand my senses.

I have "tried" certain very dangarously addictive uppers as well, and I can see their benefits in certain situations, but I can't say they help me today or that I would go bakc to them at all, nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Moderation is key to all of this.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far it seems that the sane view on alcohol and drugs (and partying) is almost exclusive to ENTPs...

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Alcohol and drugs effect the mind to make one perceive themselves as different than normal. And they do the same to my mind as I am in fact human! Ha!

I'm okay with drugs as long as they're used in moderation. I don't like binge drinking - this leads to stories that cannot be told as they are neither remembered nor good experiences in the first place. I hold the same views to every other drug (except aspirin).

BTW, I wrote this rather drunk.

Cheers!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
So far it seems that the sane view on alcohol and drugs (and partying) is almost exclusive to ENTPs...

What do you suppose the sane view is?

That guys clearly drunk

Also...
Cocaine is the fail of the stimulants like alcohol is the fail of the depressants

FYI the depressant that wins is weed

I just liked the song, and I agree with you on cocaine. Way to expensive and amphetamines work better anyway! There are more fun uppers, but they are often also psychedelics.

Unique

"let's get shitfaced and party like there's no tomorrow"

Funny, drinking parties seem to just involve passing out, vomit and nobody really listening to the shitty music that's likely playing

Is that sane?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Funny, drinking parties seem to just involve passing out, vomit and nobody really listening to the shitty music that's likely playing

Is that sane?

I'm going to have to second that. Maybe to some people that sounds like "sane" fun but for me personally I can think of a lot more interesting ways to spend my time that actually involve bettering myself in some way or learning something.

Getting "shitfaced" sounds like a quick way to start doing reckless stupid things with your life if you're not careful. I wouldn't know since I've never drank or done drugs, but I see plenty of people literally ruining their lives with DUIs, PAULAs, possession charges after a routine traffic stop. I have some musician friends that like to smoke pot and do LSD. They always have some of that shit on them and as a result I don't let them in my house/car or go over their house/car. When they're not sober or carrying their stuff on them they're always paranoid they're going to get stopped by the law. When they're sober they've got headaches, can't remember anything, sick all the time. Yeah that sounds like loads of fun. To each his own, but I personally don't find that "sane"...

F

figsfiggyfigs

What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you?

I'm an INTJ, and when drunk, I become one with the universe, rather than conquering it.

Have you tried any other mind-altering chems? What effects did they have?

I don't drink... anymore.

It might be " fun" at that moment; that is probably because you cant properly assess the situation you're in. Does it matter whether it WAS fun or not? You probably wont remember 80% of your night, and you will probably remember feeling sick, or throwing up the entire night. Getting a hangover the next day is not much fun either. Now don't get me wrong. I rarely, if ever, got hangovers, so that was never an issue for me.
I can't comprehend how people drink just for the heck of drinking. Beer tastes like the smell of wet-socks. Alcohol tastes...well.. like alcohol.. Wine is bitter 80% of the time.. etc.

I found that the only time I drank is when there is a party I have to go to ( like someones moving away party, etc), and I'm surrounded my brain dead idiots. I then take on the saying " if you can't beat them, join them".
I drank only to withstand people around me. Since I realized this months ago. I have stopped. I can have just as much fun with people without needing to drink, I just had to lower my intellectual expectations of them when they're drunk.

I've stopped "partying" you can say. I rarely go out , or enjoy social interactions anyways; so it's not really a difficult move for me to make.

When I DID drink. I was really energetic, wild, and out of control. I said what was on my mind more than I already do IRL. I got in arguments over peoples rudeness all the time. I did things I wouldn't attempt doing when sober.
Basically, I became an idiot, someone who I don't want to be.

If I was hanging out with my best friends, I wouldn't even CONSIDER drinking. I'd have a blast just being around them; A lot of people don't seem to get that.

No, I've never tried drugs, of any sort. unless you count Tylenol and Advil. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get ESFPish.

Though whisk(e)y is great for late night brooding.