• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Alcohol and the NT

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I drink socially, and before exams (it's usually just one drink, but my nerves need calmed down for an exam or else I do really bad and just sit there nervously).

I change every time I get drunk, it's usually dependent on how I feel beforehand.
I might get really giddy, I might get really depressed, I might get really flirty, who knows. I know that I know my limit, though.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
A lot of disdain here for the "shitfaced" type of drunk, and to an extent I agree (there are times when it can be cathartic, you should try things before you judge), but there is a lot to be enjoyed about a happy medium of a couple glasses of wine with an old friend or a few pints in a pub with your co-workers. Not shitfaced, just loose. Slightly happy. Comfortable, and less obstructively self-aware.

CollisionCourse?

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't see any problem with a little of social drinking either. Or more of it, why not? :D

I always enjoy going with some people I like to a nice pub for several beers and even though it can get pretty tiring at the moment (especially in larger groups with a lot of sensors), it usually energizes me for a week or so until next time and I guess it just keeps me going in a way. I find it pretty depressing to spend an uneventful weekend without it. It's just fun, even if I'm often just an observer and a commentator. I'm not partying until passing out like in high school anymore, it's more about meeting with people.

I was never into other drugs (well, except nicotine and caffeine). Some occasional weed can be relaxing (like in summer in the nature, that's just perfect) and I'd like to try some mushrooms when there will some suitable time and place, but otherwise, I'm sticking with beer.

Unique

It's fun.

Have you tried any other recreational drugs?

If you have and still have that opinion then fair enough I guess, to each there own

FYI I've had plenty of fun times drinking but its pot luck

It's a fine line, I have to get very very drunk to enjoy alcohol and by that point I'm on thin ice... I'll either stay drunk and merry and have a blast or black out

It seems like the longer you drink the more likely it is you will have large amounts of time where you are still doing things but have NO memory of what happened

The attitude of drinkers confuses me too

"Oh you don't remember?! must of been a fucking good night then!"

Uhh no

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What type of NT are you, and how does alcohol affect you? I'm an INTJ, and when drunk, I become one with the universe, rather than conquering it.

When I drink strong stuff (shots, cocktails etc.) the ENTJ in me awakens. When I drink beer or wine, I become an ENFJ. In both situations, the women are very surprised because they would never have expected these traits in me. Sexy time!