User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTp

Default ENTP: Its all in the mind.

So i was reading up on functions with focus on entp's. what seemed striking was that they take an onslaught of info without focus all at once which overwhelms those with undeveloped Ti.

Something like a camera sensor directly exposed to the environment. After this they process info based on the level of development/consciousness of the Ti function.

So i was wondering if Ne can be fed from the subconscious, which would mean that this type truly can create his heaven or hell sitting at the same place without external stimulation with the help of Ti.

Which positively means that stress of anykind is totally under the control of a matured/developed ENTP.

and quite possible out of control for an undeveloped ENTP making him a puppet of the environment.

What do you guys think here?
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    INFJ

My (albeit limited) experience with ENXP types is that they do not take in raw information in the way that you describe -- my impression is that the information they take in tends to be heavily edited from the very start based on what they want to see, believe, feel, think. I guess what I'm saying is that they have an idea first, and then (possibly unless very mature) tend to selectively focus only on externalities that support their idea. If anything, ENXP types seem to me to be more a puppet of their internal environment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ughh...god that it isn't true is it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ughh...god that it isn't true is it?
    Considering there are no two human brains exactly alike, you decide.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

maybe i like my innards controlling things anyway! :P
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Considering there are no two human brains exactly alike, you decide.
    This!

As for the OP, I think you described pretty much every type and attributed this general human behaviour to ENTPs in specific. Furthermore, your post is a rainbow ruse!
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    So i was wondering if Ne can be fed from the subconscious, which would mean that this type truly can create his heaven or hell sitting at the same place without external stimulation with the help of Ti.
    Jung defined intuition as "perception via the unconscious." To be sure, ENTPs have been known to get themselves in trouble by not Thinking when they should have, but I don't think that we "create our own heaven or hell" without external stimulation (unless you mean Guantanamo-style sensory deprivation, which wouldn't go over well with an ENTP). You are absolutely right, however, that an undeveloped Ti leaves us a puppet of our own environment, or at any rate, un-Thinking ENTPs misadventure their way into very unfriendly environments indeed. Imagine a 12-year-old with the keys to his dad's Maserati (the Ne).

Of course, it's possible for Fe to develop a near- or actual equivalence with Ti in highly social ENTPs, and in those cases (which are, for all intents and purposes, ENFPs who make more puns during their monologues) the weakness of Ti seems to be offset either by the anchoring of the Fe or by the guidance of other people ("don't invest all your money in that, sir, that's a pyramid scheme").

But yes, Ti keeps us sharp. Were I a psychiatrist, I'd theatrically write a subscription to the Economist to all my ENTP patients. I believe that exposure to thoughtful commentary about the real world is exactly what the doctor ordered for this type. For ENTPs, Ti must be an effective bullshit detector more than a formulator of grand theories. Ne does that pretty loudly for us.

My (albeit limited) experience with ENXP types is that they do not take in raw information in the way that you describe -- my impression is that the information they take in tends to be heavily edited from the very start based on what they want to see, believe, feel, think.
    That sounds broadly correct to me. After taking a battery of cognitive tests once, the psychometrist remarked at the peculiarity of my long-term memory: "it's like you have a photographic memory, but only for information that's meaningful to you." Next she started on about the atrocious state of my short-term memory but I have no recollection of her comments.

MBTI
    ENTp

Neither what im saying is general to all types(shimmy), nor what im saying is so specific that it would be everyman for himself (jaguar) I should have quoted my source for the Camera Sensor analogy i think.. here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Through these filters the outer world is incepted for us. Thus, an Extroverted Perceiver tends to be flexible in his perceptions, yet the Extroverted Judger tends to incept the environment in terms of the pre-existing concrete symbols. As we notice that the Extroverted Judgers tend to rely much more on the pre-established terms for their understanding of ideas. As for instance, it is very common for a Judger to say that they could not imagine the concept of yellow without the word yellow, yet very uncommon for a dominant Extroverted perceiver to make the same claim. For this reason, we shall argue that the Extroverted perceivers, with a slight exception in favor of Introverted Perceivers, tend to collect the soundest information. The Extroverted Perceiver is different from the Introverted Perceiver in the respect that he confronts the external environment directly, whilst the Introverted perceiver must first filter the environment through the apparatus of his own inner perceptions and then shift onto the Extroverted Judgment in order to make a decision. And only at that point he will be able to interact with the outer environment. Because of this, the Introverted perceivers tend to be the least spontaneous, as their access to the outer environment is contingent upon their inner perceptions which are remote from the immediate environment. Yet, the Extroverted perceivers, by contrast, which could be rightly deemed as an animus to the Introverted Perceivers tend to be the most spontaneous. As aforementioned, the reason for this is that they do not require contemplation for direct action, as their perceptions are always in tune with the outer world. In this regard they are even more action oriented than the dominant Extroverted Judging types, who require a plan of action, or external decisions in order to turn their wheels. Yet the Extroverted Perceiver deals with the outer world unconsciously, as the perceiving functions are by definition unconscious. Thus, here again we notice that the EP type requires least contemplation to prepare for action of all 4. This leads to the sense of quickness the EP types tend to be renowned for. We should note that Extroverted perception can very easily be misunderstood for hyperactivity and inherent inability to focus because information tends to be incepted into the mind of an EP in a torrential fashion. As there is no grid of extroverted judgment in the outer world of the EP.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfloyd6675 View Post
    "don't invest all your money in that, sir, that's a pyramid scheme".

Just had to put this in here ^^

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

"it's like you have a photographic memory, but only for information that's meaningful to you."

This is so very much me.

Also, when it comes to sensory... I haven't figured out just what it is that makes me notice something, but I can tell someone all about the behavior and associations of all the people in any given room, but I can't for the life of me tell you what color uniform the person I see every day wears or tell you the difference between platinum blonde and black hair, unless it's mentioned (and, of course, it's meaningful)