• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: Its all in the mind.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
ok i think ive found an interesting link between memory and functions by seeing the inputs here..

what i gather is having Ne dominant we draw connections quickly and probably have a lot of floating point computational power in our brain so once we reach the desired destination in our linking up of ideas we just go "aha" and dont really care about the process by which this happened or the path taken. This is perhaps when Ne is dominating while other functions are working merely to support it. This way entps with less developed Ti forget stuff often like so many posts here describe the working of their memory.. once a bridge is crossed, how it was constructed is forgotten and its burnt and we move to other bridges.

now incase of shimmy he describes his memory as different from other entps here... so either he is not an entp or he has well developed Ti. Lets assume the latter.. so what happens here is Ti breaks down processes and registers what goes on in floating computation in Ne, disadvantage could be slowed processing but the advantage is conscious memory creation of how that process happened. Perhaps those with well developed Ti would have better memories by this explanation by developing more conscious control over it.

Perhaps so; I've learned that writing stuff down seems to mark it as 'important to remember'. I don't ever actually have to go back and READ the notes written... it's just the act of writing them out states it's worth remembering. Same with saving a chatfile; if I actively hit the save chat button, the contents are remembered to at least some degree, if I didn't do that, it'd be completely like "I don't recall that conversation at all".

Maybe it's just a way to manually flick on the Ti switch? Who knows XD

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
thanks for the inputs katsuni so it seems this theory is not disconnected with reality altogether.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
writing is much slower than reading. So you absorb the information over a longer period of time, which aids in remembering it. Just reading back over it isn't active enough to engage your mind either, so it's not as effective. I know a guy who often writes out all of his notes again just before exams. It's a crazy amount of effort, and so long as you're awake you'll remember it alright (I've also tried writing everything again back in my school days, nowdays there's too much to process, I might write a summary or something though).

I find that it is really good to do things as soon as they pop into your mind too, it saves you from having to remember/outrageously forgetting everything. Your mind only tells you things once and once it's told you, it assumes that you've done whatever it was trying to remind you to do.