User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfloyd6675 View Post
    Jung defined intuition as "perception via the unconscious." To be sure, ENTPs have been known to get themselves in trouble by not Thinking when they should have, but I don't think that we "create our own heaven or hell" without external stimulation (unless you mean Guantanamo-style sensory deprivation, which wouldn't go over well with an ENTP). You are absolutely right, however, that an undeveloped Ti leaves us a puppet of our own environment, or at any rate, un-Thinking ENTPs misadventure their way into very unfriendly environments indeed. Imagine a 12-year-old with the keys to his dad's Maserati (the Ne).

Of course, it's possible for Fe to develop a near- or actual equivalence with Ti in highly social ENTPs, and in those cases (which are, for all intents and purposes, ENFPs who make more puns during their monologues) the weakness of Ti seems to be offset either by the anchoring of the Fe or by the guidance of other people ("don't invest all your money in that, sir, that's a pyramid scheme").

But yes, Ti keeps us sharp. Were I a psychiatrist, I'd theatrically write a subscription to the Economist to all my ENTP patients. I believe that exposure to thoughtful commentary about the real world is exactly what the doctor ordered for this type. For ENTPs, Ti must be an effective bullshit detector more than a formulator of grand theories. Ne does that pretty loudly for us.

That sounds broadly correct to me. After taking a battery of cognitive tests once, the psychometrist remarked at the peculiarity of my long-term memory: "it's like you have a photographic memory, but only for information that's meaningful to you." Next she started on about the atrocious state of my short-term memory but I have no recollection of her comments.
    1. Regarding Jung, If you feed that Ne consciously what do you get? Whatever you want to believe in!

2. undeveloped entps are great at ignoring other people'd advise due to lack of Fe. Ofcourse if they pay more attention then this works!

3. i like that magazine

4. Thats precisely because of Jungs definition in your opening sentence. now imagine if you control it by feeding Ne consciously. You would remember what you want to not what your subconscious tilts towards.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    "it's like you have a photographic memory, but only for information that's meaningful to you."
    Oh I'd missed that quote... and yeah that very much is me as well XD

I have like absolutely ZERO memory for things that I don't find important to remember... seriously it's like 5 seconds or less usually. I can be in mid sentence and forget whot I was saying >.>

Ask me whot I did 5 minutes ago. I have no idea. I keep chatlogs of EVERYTHING I do online... it's the only way I can keep track of anything XD

But ask me something I deem important enough to know, and I can tell yeu easily, liiiiiiike I can explain the difference between inverse kinematics and forward kinematics easily, I know the stats of pretty much every single unit in starcraft, stuff like that... yet I can't remember my national anthem. I'm so patriotic. <3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post

I have like absolutely ZERO memory for things that I don't find important to remember... seriously it's like 5 seconds or less usually. I can be in mid sentence and forget whot I was saying >.>

Ask me whot I did 5 minutes ago. I have no idea. I keep chatlogs of EVERYTHING I do online... it's the only way I can keep track of anything XD

But ask me something I deem important enough to know, and I can tell yeu easily, liiiiiiike I can explain the difference between inverse kinematics and forward kinematics easily, I know the stats of pretty much every single unit in starcraft, stuff like that... yet I can't remember my national anthem. I'm so patriotic. <3
    I'm like that as well (even though I'm an INTP).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I always thought that was true for anyone really
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

sammy

G'lord! I am just like this, too. Get out of my head!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    I always thought that was true for anyone really
    Nah, there's plenty of people out there that have real good short term memory. I kinda do the same thing as Kataclysm... NP thing maybe, or unrelated?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    Neither what im saying is general to all types(shimmy), nor what im saying is so specific that it would be everyman for himself (jaguar) I should have quoted my source for the Camera Sensor analogy i think.. here it is...
    Okay, here's how I see it:

So i was reading up on functions with focus on entp's. what seemed striking was that they take an onslaught of info without focus all at once which overwhelms those with undeveloped Ti.

Something like a camera sensor directly exposed to the environment. After this they process info based on the level of development/consciousness of the Ti function.
    Everybody who takes up more information than they can process gets stressed. All my friends have this when they have to study for say, an exam. I'm no worse or better then anybody.

So i was wondering if Ne can be fed from the subconscious, which would mean that this type truly can create his heaven or hell sitting at the same place without external stimulation with the help of Ti.
    Taking myself as an example, when there is no outside stimulus, I don't create heaven or hell for myself. I can think of negative and positive consequences, just like everybody else, but without them actually happening I don't get too emotional about them.

Which positively means that stress of anykind is totally under the control of a matured/developed ENTP.
    Here you are saying that ENTPs have the potential to handle lots of stress.

and quite possible out of control for an undeveloped ENTP making him a puppet of the environment.

What do you guys think here?
    And here you are saying, that if ENTPs haven't developed the potential to control stress, they will be stressful. Sounds perfectly logical to me, but what does it have to do with ENTPs in particular.

Nah, there's plenty of people out there that have real good short term memory. I kinda do the same thing as Kataclysm... NP thing maybe, or unrelated?
    I have an excellent memory. Obviously it's better when it deals with interesting things, but I tend to remember even the most mundane things I did, read, saw or otherwise noticed last week.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTp

[QUOTE=Shimmy;1153522]Okay, here's how I see it:

Everybody who takes up more information than they can process gets stressed. All my friends have this when they have to study for say, an exam. I'm no worse or better then anybody.

the idea is you can be if you are an entp.

Taking myself as an example, when there is no outside stimulus, I don't create heaven or hell for myself. I can think of negative and positive consequences, just like everybody else, but without them actually happening I don't get too emotional about them.

the idea is stimulus can be generated internally to suit the external envirment as per wish!

Here you are saying that ENTPs have the potential to handle lots of stress.

Yes an ENTP can simply choose to ignore whats causing it, the point is the fluidity of his power over the environment

And here you are saying, that if ENTPs haven't developed the potential to control stress, they will be stressful. Sounds perfectly logical to me, but what does it have to do with ENTPs in particular.

No control is with other types, ENTPs can choose to ignore it.

I have an excellent memory. Obviously it's better when it deals with interesting things, but I tend to remember even the most mundane things I did, read, saw or otherwise noticed last week.

The thing is functions are being evaluated here, specifically Ne-Ti, memory is a useful input which shows a bunch of things but possibly not anything which strikes me as interesting at the moment.

The idea in OP is open ended, what the point is to confirm if entps here feel that they could behave that way, or if they already have.

Also from a functions point of view, inputs are welcome.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    ENTp

ok i think ive found an interesting link between memory and functions by seeing the inputs here..

what i gather is having Ne dominant we draw connections quickly and probably have a lot of floating point computational power in our brain so once we reach the desired destination in our linking up of ideas we just go "aha" and dont really care about the process by which this happened or the path taken. This is perhaps when Ne is dominating while other functions are working merely to support it. This way entps with less developed Ti forget stuff often like so many posts here describe the working of their memory.. once a bridge is crossed, how it was constructed is forgotten and its burnt and we move to other bridges.

now incase of shimmy he describes his memory as different from other entps here... so either he is not an entp or he has well developed Ti. Lets assume the latter.. so what happens here is Ti breaks down processes and registers what goes on in floating computation in Ne, disadvantage could be slowed processing but the advantage is conscious memory creation of how that process happened. Perhaps those with well developed Ti would have better memories by this explanation by developing more conscious control over it.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I think all NT types when they start from a flase premise, can be prone throw up all kinds of formally correct information in the moment which support some internally logical argument which they are attached to, but which don't really correspond to reality.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.