User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How can an NT be stupid?

I know type is supposed to have little effect on intelligence, and I know not all NTs are supergenius's. But seriously, with N giving innovation, abstract thinking, forward thinking and seeing patterns and T giving logical planned decisions and ideals based mostly on what's rational, how can someone honestly be dumb?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Just becoz you have a preference towards something doesn't mean you're good at it. I love drawing and art, but I seriously and royally suck at it myself. A friend of mine is crazy about music but is shite at keeping rhythm or carrying a tune. Granted, practice can improve you somewhat but if you're not really gifted that way, it aint going to happen. Same applies to those that would prefer to use logic and looking in the future but are incapable of developing those talents because it's not what they're inherently good at.

And then there's the issue of where you can be gifted at it but so emotionally screwed up that those emotions pretty much interfere with your logic and reasoning skills without you noticing, completely skewing the results of your work.

Lastly, some NTs are emotional and social morons at times, no offense. And IQ is just one of the 9 types of intelligence out there.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I know type is supposed to have little effect on intelligence, and I know not all NTs are supergenius's. But seriously, with N giving innovation, abstract thinking, forward thinking and seeing patterns and T giving logical planned decisions and ideals based mostly on what's rational, how can someone honestly be dumb?
    It's not about recognizing what needs to be done. It's about actually doing something when you have seen what needs to be done.
    Not doing the right thing or anything at all is often referred to dumbness in this case, when it was just crazy pness.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

When it comes to emotional intelligence, NTs can be notoriously dumb.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

There is a saying, "some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them".
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Cussed stubbornness.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think if an area doesnt interest an NT (in my case atleast), then the area might as well not exist. its like that with politics for me, I just found out who our prime minister is... wait I dont think i remember his name anymore. HES A MAN THO, and he might or might not have glasses! what was the question again?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean you are doing it right.
    For example ..I can type, but I can't touch type.
    Therfore I am typing incorrectly. If I could touch type I would make less errors and could type faster. But instead I have learned to type in way that works, but that lacks fluidity and is error prone. The more I practice my incorrect typing the more I become accustomed to typing incorrectly
    Now Thinking is like typing.. there is a right way to do it and a wrong way.
    The wrong way might still work and get results, but it is flawed.The more you practice thinking the wrong way, the farther away you get from thinking correctly.
    NTs can think and use intution but this does not mean that they are doing either correctly.

Make sense??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    It's not about recognizing what needs to be done. It's about actually doing something when you have seen what needs to be done.
    Not doing the right thing or anything at all is often referred to dumbness in this case, when it was just crazy pness.
    If a person is able to do something and chose not to do it because of preference , that is not "dumbness".

If I could jog the entire globe and chose not to, it's not because I'm dumb. If I can solve a complex equation and chose not to, it is not dumb.

Ability relies on aptitude, not choice. Choice is open, skill is ability.

"Pness" is a only small degree of innate antagonism towards decisive action; choice, want and need transcends this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Martin997 View Post
    I think if an area doesnt interest an NT (in my case atleast), then the area might as well not exist. its like that with politics for me, I just found out who our prime minister is... wait I dont think i remember his name anymore. HES A MAN THO, and he might or might not have glasses! what was the question again?
    This. There are so many areas in life that the common man knows a lot about, but I just don't care that much about it and so I think at times I come off stupid to someone who doesn't know me in-depth. A few examples:

1) I just found out that we have some huge oil leak/spill in the U.S. Even after someone told me about it, I still don't want to read about it. While most people know at least "the basics" of why this happened, etc, I really have no clue. I don't watch the boring, pessimistic, Debbie Downer news channels. I like to stay happy and upbeat.

2) I'll often go outside for the day wearing clothes that are "too hot" or "not warm enough" because I don't check the weather. I don't care to check it. I'd rather just bring a jacket (or a sweatshirt) so that I have more than one "layer" if necessary. Then, I'm prepared either way. But, I don't plan my day around the weather. People will say, "It's going to rain today." My response, "Is it really? Good thing I brought my jacket!"

3) I can live somewhere for years and still not really know where certain cities/landmarks are. If I haven't had a need to travel to these places and haven't had a desire/urge to read about them/study them, then I just won't know where they're at. People will say, "How long have you lived here?"

I think people are sometimes baffled at (a) how much I know about certain things, and also (b) how little I know about certain things. If I get caught at the wrong time and about the wrong subject, I suppose I can come off really stupid*.

*Give me 24 hours to research it, however, and I'll know more about it than 99% of the population. It just depends how interested I am in it and how busy I am with other things.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay