First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

@OP

You mean "how can an NT be stupid at *logic and etc*".

Natural inclination breeds natural talent. If, within your entire life, you're bad at what you've been focusing on, well....that would be very sad, wouldn't it?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^yes exactly. NT's are unlikely to be "stupid" at logic and abstract thought. but these are hardly the only measures of intelligence.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

I think that you said it yourself, type generally just doesn't affect intelligence.

An extreme example of someone with a great mind but who was unable to act NT wise in decision making is the semi-genius who tried to blow his brains out but only destroyed his right frontal lobe. After that he could still score extremely high on IQ-tests when someone got him to do one, but as person he acted as a complete maniac. This is because the right frontal lobe controls behaviour and makes sure it is really thought true before you act it out, but it is not directly involved in intelligence (I think that is more the left one).

If you're interested, the story is told here Brain Mind Lecture 3: Frontal Lobes: Mania, Depression, Catatonia, Confabulation beginning at 31:58 and ending at 35:45 in the video.

EDIT:
    But for sure, someone who likes to think logically will improve their logic skills. That's a given.

Also, someone with a well developed left hemisphere would be good at logic but if they use that logic should be very affected by how their right mind is wired.
    Last edited by Elemental Chaos; 05-04-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: The post grew quite alot between me reading it and then posting in it.
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

they can be stupid just like any other type can be stupid... EVERYONE has the capacity to be an idiot, no matter what they're type is...

you might as well have asked "how can NTs be tall?"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

This thread has come up before.

What springs to mind for me is that a lack of sensing could lead you to miss crucial details so all of your innovation, abstract/forward thinking and pattern spotting may be based on a false premise.

Add to that a lack of feeling could mean that you have little sense of what really matters to yourself and others, which is stupid in it's own way.

The whole concept of intelligence (IQ in particular) seems to be something that really fascinates NTs, so I think they have played a big part in defining it. So "intelligence" comes to mean nothing more than "skill at doing things that NTs value".
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP

Socially. Small talk.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, Nt's are great. They're really on top.

My father was one. He estranged all of his kids, was abusive to his wife and died young of a heart attack.

But he graduated HS at 16 and college at 19, so I guess if that's all you're after in this thread, he was technically a success. Go NT.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Yeah, Nt's are great. They're really on top.

My father was one. He estranged all of his kids, was abusive to his wife and died young of a heart attack.

But he graduated HS at 16 and college at 19, so I guess if that's all you're after in this thread, he was technically a success. Go NT.
    Sorry about your dad. I don't think I ever said intelligence was all that matters or that NTs were perfect. And I don't think it's healthy to define a group of people based on your experiences with one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Your definition of "intelligent" is probably "good at NT-oriented tasks."

There are lots of different intelligences.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?