User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hands Jag a mango

to marmalade.sunrise- strange... I tend to identify with NFJs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    SJ eccentricity? i don't know about that, are you sure you didn't mean SP, or maybe even NF?
    SJs can't be eccentric?

NTs CAN be stupid. Case in point.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    SJs can't be eccentric?

NTs CAN be stupid. Case in point.
    maybe he meant electric
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    maybe he meant electric

:horor:

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

SJs can't be eccentric?
    Not really.

Conventionality is implicit in the SJ Guardian temperament. You can't separate the two.

An eccentric person just won't self-identify with SJness.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Not really.

Conventionality is implicit in the SJ Guardian temperament. You can't separate the two.

Everybody's conventional in some way. Nobody is that eccentric in the purest sense. So it's kind of narrow minded to think that somebody's won't be eccentric because of some preprinted description.

I'd say an SJ's less likely to be eccentric- but then again, the ones that are wouldn't be typed as an SJ based on their behavior.

I don't self-identify to half of the crap painted about SJs on this board- I don't call myself eccentric though. Moreso an individual.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Not really.

Depends on the environment they grew up in. If the eccentricity is part of that convention they'll be used to it, won't think it that bizarre and not try to kill it with fire. But this subset of SJs will be in the minority, simply because eccentrics are in the minority.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

So it's kind of narrow minded to think that somebody's won't be eccentric because of some preprinted description.
    If they're eccentric, they won't agree with the preprinted description (which is all MBTI is) of the SJ Guardian type in the first place. A different type would probably fit better.

I'd say an SJ's less likely to be eccentric- but then again, the ones that are wouldn't be typed as an SJ based on their behavior.
    Right. Because the two are incompatible.

I don't self-identify to half of the crap painted about SJs on this board- I don't call myself eccentric though. Moreso an individual.
    I think you have so much of a problem with how SJs are discussed here, because you're not one. Or are in between types, which happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Depends on the environment they grew up in. If the eccentricity is part of that convention they'll be used to it, won't think it that bizarre and not try to kill it with fire. But this subset of SJs will be in the minority, simply because eccentrics are in the minority.
    If eccentricity is the norm, doesn't it cease to be eccentric?

I think local environment takes precedent over wider social environment for lots of people. So if their social group is eccentric comparatively, it would be more eccentric to disregard it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Horrible confrontations I have with people are ALWAYS with SJ's.
    It's always caused be my being weird and them desiring something normal. If it's a horribly unhealthy SJ that will cause a great deal on conflict.

A "friend" was talking to me about politics of some sort [I don't really remember] and found in interesting that I knew as much as I did and had a view very close to his. Then a friend of mine sits down and starts making gay jokes and we're all joking around and the initial "friend" get's angry and tells me to stop telling gay jokes or else he'll snap my neck.

Thus the war begins. I tell him that his demands me nothing and I will continue to be what I will be since we both have equal right to be where we were it's a level playing field and no one should make demands to another. And if you want to go with the elders rule, I'm your elder, but I think that's bullshit, so you keep to yourself and I'll do the same.

He wasn't having it and insisted that I stop telling weird jokes around my friends [who were mutual friends of his]. He made continuous threats, eventually got so angry he had his blood pressure up and had to go to the hospital and now blames in on me [who didn't know about his condition].

So, that random ESTJ homophobe runs into me here and there because we have a few mutual friends. It's usually Our mutual INTJ friend that invites him, even though no one else wants him around. Whenever I see him I'm polite, but I joke around and have fun with the rest of my friends I don't have to be polite to and he'll get pissed and basically tell me not to be me. It angers him more that I'm 135lbs and not scared of him [245lbs].

However I tend to run into a few SJ's [usually older or just more healthy ones] who're the best of friends with me. An ISTJ friend of mine notices that I don't seem to care much for the rules and am intersted in the results. So he'll convince me to do things for him that he wouldn't normally do. We have the most interesting conversations. It's amusing to hear his views on things [which are only slightly different than mine, but that slight difference makes all the difference].

MBTI
    INFP

I know myself to be an anomaly, an oddity. Weird to a lot of folks. Once with a small group of friends I stated that and added that my goal was to be eccentric. On friend immediately said, "I do believe you have succeeded!"

Ah, me...