User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think he meant the people who put up with you are masochists. Which would mean you are more of a sadist.
    Indeed.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

but i would value your feedback on why you would shun such a friend in 5 minutes straight?
    You yourself acknowledged how your behaviour alienates most people.

As I read it your posts in the thread basically translate as "I consider myself superior to most people around me, and I decided to make a thread to boast about this under the thin veil of asking for advice".
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    ENTp

@czecze thanks for the correction. Sadism examples? hmm i dont think im a sadist the only example i can think of is while talking to a younger family friend who is doing his engineering from a low grade univ, i apprised him of the fairly poor prospects in the job market, we discussed alternatives, his alternatives were turned down by me which earned me the title of pessimist. I still disagree on that title given the current job market and the quality of his university. I suppose this would qualify as 'small talk' or maybe even inflicting pain on the guy. i was being rational here i suppose.

@tcda well caught with sadism, thats been there sporadically but would you like to elaborate on your idea more. it's interesting.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    You yourself acknowledged how your behaviour alienates most people.

As I read it your posts in the thread basically translate as "I consider myself superior to most people around me, and I decided to make a thread to boast about this under the thin veil of asking for advice".
    very accurate, this is a superiority complex issue (and not sadism) hidden under the veil of modesty and this is doing me in. what indicates this, and what to do so that i can stop it and make some genuine friendships. i dont want to be like this at all.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    very accurate, this is a superiority complex issue (and not sadism) hidden under the veil of modesty and this is doing me in. what indicates this, and what to do so that i can stop it and make some genuine friendships. i dont want to be like this at all.
    You could start by making it less obvious I guess. That's all I got for now.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I cannot relate.

That sounds more like ENTP and tertiary Fe

MBTI
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    You could start by making it less obvious I guess. That's all I got for now.
    sweet! now only if that wasnt my blindspot, im not sure how its obvious at all. what of making it less obvious! speak openly you have a sharp mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I cannot relate.

That sounds more like ENTP and tertiary Fe
    So this is normal for ENTPs? how P though?
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    The only real solution is to just stop doing it lol
    Agreed.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Agreed.
    Gotcha
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    INTJ

That is interesting. You don't get that many socially inept extraverts. But I think you probably just have a hyperdeveloped T function.