User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default When INTPs like someone...

Romantically, but don't want to admit it, do they show any signs? Any at all? Facial tics, body language, verbal suggestions, trends in behaviour and schedule, anything? If so, what?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Romantically, but don't want to admit it, do they show any signs? Any at all? Facial tics, body language, verbal suggestions, trends in behaviour and schedule, anything? If so, what?
    I used to treat people I was attracted to with lots of looks, silence due to shyness, clumsiness etc etc. Depending on how hot the person was I could treat her with mild verbal abuse if she wasn´t superhot. If she´s suoperhot I´d just stare and gawk.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    If she´s suoperhot I´d just stare and gawk.
    And she was instantly reeled in, I bet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'd move in for the kill as soon as the opportunity presents. Not that I know what to do, I just push myself in their direction, with no plan. If I'd met more girls that I'd like, I'd probably get pretty good at it. Now that I think about it, I have a target atm, the only problem is that I don't know if I like her... which gives me all the more reason to push forwards really.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    And she was instantly reeled in, I bet.
    I bet you´ve been very young as well?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I start to make fun of them a lot. I put those tactics I learned in third grade to good use, baby.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

When we first met, my INTP husband couldn't make eye contact with me. And when I forced him to one day, I noticed that his pupils were huge. LOL. Also, he seemed to always be aware of where I was in the room, even though he didn't look at me. I could feel it.

Those are the only distinct things I remember. It's not like he never wanted to admit it though, so maybe that sort of situation yields different responses.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

If I liked someone but didn't want to admit it, I would just be a bit more nervous and erratic than usual when I was around them, I guess. Probably this transcends MBTI.

The question is, why would the one you are referring to not wish to admit it? :s This doesn't sound typically INTP to me. If someone makes clear to us that they are up for a romantic interest, I don't think many INTP's play "hard to get". If they like you I would think they would take up the offer.

But maybe that's just me.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm more reserved than usual, and unusually polite.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm more reserved than usual, and unusually polite.
    If I like you, I find reasons to be around you (but not in a clingy way), or reasons to linger (say after a group conversation) and plumb the depths with conversation a bit. I also notice my body language is very lined up with my feelings. In the car with my friend that I liked, I noticed that my legs and arms were nearer to the middle. When I was thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend, I would be leaned up against the driver's side window, one hand on the wheel, eyes straight ahead.

But I'm a bit of an expressed INTP, I'll make the first move if I feel like there's a good chance you return the interest.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)